Indianapolis-based agency, The Basement, is growing agency-wide with the announcement of nine new team members to support business expansion and new clients.
The integrated agency, which was named to Adweek’s global list of the 75 Fastest Growing Agencies late last year, has added a number of clients that draw on services from all departments within the agency, including the newly formed strategic communications department.
“Welcoming these talented individuals is a reflection of the success we’ve seen in offering a full suite of truly integrated services to our clients,” said Conrad Edwards, The Basement CEO. “The forward momentum we’ve been experiencing here shows no sign of slowing down, and we know these dynamic professionals are helping us elevate the agency in 2022 and beyond.”
The agency’s new hires include:
- Kyle Wolf joins The Basement as the associate director of Public Relations working alongside Beth Clayton, director of strategic communications, supporting the strategic communications department. Kyle brings more than ten years of PR experience to the new role and was previously at SeyferthPR working for brands like McDonalds, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Monster Jam, Trinity Health, and more.
- Molly Alderson joins the agency as a senior account executive and will be working on the agency's Schlage business, an American lock manufacturer. Molly brings seven years of experience to her role, having worked previously at The Mars Agency in Cincinnati, DNA Seattle, and AMP Agency in Boston, MA.
- Grant Gramman joins The Basement on the client services team as an account manager, supporting the Transitions and Schlage teams. Grant holds a degree in media advertising from Indiana University, and most recently served as account manager at Spot Freight, serving accounts including Sysco and Polymer Packaging.
- Katie Utken joins as account executive, where she will help support day-to-day client relations for the agency. Previously, Katie was marketing and communications manager at Hamilton County Tourism Inc. where she oversaw digital marketing strategy, and social media advertising creative and placement.
- Ana Cornett joins The Basement as the newest account executive. Ana brings more than five years of similar experience to the role, working previously as sales support specialist at AgReliant Genetics, LLC and at Century21 as commercial real estate transaction coordinator.
- Grace Rinehart joins as manager of client services operations, a newly created role within the agency that supports new business efforts. Previously, Grace was food strategy manager at Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana where she maximised product donations by maintaining and expanding donor relationships for the organisation.
- Nick Merlina joins the media team as campaign manager. Nick brings four years of experience in the digitally-active sports marketing world, previously working as the digital communications coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts.
- Erica Magee joins the agency as campaign coordinator. Erica is a recent graduate of the University of Indiana holding degrees in media and advertising, and most recently served as a marketing intern at dormakaba Americas.
- Mariah Bainter joins The Basement as the newest account coordinator. Mariah brings two years of professional experience as a marketing manager.
The new team members expand the agency’s geographic footprint, as Rinehart is located in Texas, and Alderson resides in Cincinnati, Ohio. Employees at The Basement now work in seven states, including Texas, Ohio, Florida, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Illinois and - of course - the agency’s home town in Indianapolis, Indiana. The remote offering is a permanent format now offered at the agency, further cementing that good talent can come from anywhere and support national brands.
“These individuals represent a broad and diverse skill set, and experience with major brands across the country,” said Conrad. “I look forward to watching how they enhance our clients’ experience with The Basement, while also growing professionally with us.”