Following on from the launch of the new BT campaign with Ewan McGregor, Talent Republic had the pleasure of working for a second time with BT and AMV on their campaign for BT TV and BT Infinity. This time round Talent Republic secured Australian comedic actress Rebel Wilson, best known for her roles in the Pitch Perfect and Bridesmaids films.
So in celebration, TR decided to share 5 things you may not know about the charismatic actress:
1. She is sometimes confused with British singer Adele. To which she says: “I’m like, ‘Are you kidding me? Are you serious? She’s like well better.”
2. After she graduated from university she worked in South Africa and caught Malaria. While infected by the disease, she says she hallucinated that she won an Academy Award. It was this moment that inspired her to change career paths and start acting.
3. Rebel, whose full name is Rebel Melanie Elizabeth Wilson has a law degree at University of New South Wales. She has said that when she first got into acting she negotiated a lot of her own contracts.
4. Until recently Rebel lived with British comedian Matt Lucas. The actors, who played Wiig’s less-than-accommodating sibling roommates, rented an apartment together in West Hollywood. “We played roommates so well in Bridesmaids we thought we’d do it for real,” Wilson explained. “Except instead of annoying Kristen Wiig, we’re now annoying all the neighbors nearby.” In fact, one resident wrote the actors a letter asking them to be quiet after 10 p.m. and “stop singing show tunes from Annie” because they “are way too old to ever be cast as child orphans.”
5. Rebel has spoken out about her body image on several occasions and said that it’s served her well in Hollywood and secured her, her most comedic roles such as ‘Fat Amy’ in Pitch Perfect. She walked down the red carpet at the 2015 MTV awards with the word ‘THINK’ on her butt to which she said, “I like to encourage girls to think, which is why I put that on my butt. It’s really about what’s up here [points to head], and not whats here [points to backside].” We definitely agree!