Foot Locker today announces its highly-anticipated, annual “Week of Greatness” campaign by dropping #BecauseSneakers, a global sneaker anthem. The company continues its legacy of debuting a lineup of the most globally sought-after sneakers, apparel and accessories for the iconic campaign’s seventh consecutive year.
#BecauseSneakers, speaks to how a sneakerhead’s every impulse and motivation revolves around their extreme love for the shoes they wear. From early wake-up calls in different time zones to secure the latest drop to secretly sniffing box-fresh sneakers, this anthem taps into the universal culture and quirks shared by sneakerheads.
Spanning across different backgrounds, lifestyles, countries, languages and shoe closets, Foot Locker’s campaign brings together an impressive roster of notable sneaker enthusiasts, like Meek Mill, DJ Khaled and his son Asahd, Paul George, Ben Simmons, JR Smith, J. Balvin, Bad Bunny, Don C, Nigel Sylvester, Haha Davis, Ronnie 2K and Juice WRLD. To celebrate this passion and global moment of greatness, Foot Locker’s content also features global sneakerheads, including: Qias Omar (U.S.), Ray Polanco, Jr. (U.S.), Kai Bent-Lee (Canada), Anna Bediones (Canada), Federico Schwartz (Italy) and Jeanne Santoli (France).
The #BecauseSneakers anthem, which is dropping today, will be shared across Foot Locker social channels, including the Foot Locker YouTube page:
“Supporting the sneaker community has always been at the core of what we do at Foot Locker,” said Dick Johnson, Chairman, President and CEO of Foot Locker, Inc. “By unveiling #BecauseSneakers, we’re celebrating the passion, energy and individuality of our fans from around the world. With our longstanding heritage in sneaker culture, we understand and respect why sneakerheads do what they do.”
Week of Greatness will also be brought to life through a week of immersive experiences for sneakerheads in select global cities, including Berlin, London, Los Angeles, Milan, New York, Paris, Toronto and more. Activations include:
- Nov. 15: Timberland x Champion store takeover and performance by Mike Skinner in London, with a subsequent takeover planned for Milan on Nov. 22.
- Nov. 16 – 18: Foot Locker and Nike come together to present the Gold Room, a New York Sunshine gallery inspired by the Nike Gold Pack. Visitors will have early access to the Nike AM 97, AM Plus and Vapormax Plus. The gallery will be featured at two locations, in NYC and Toronto.
- Nov. 20: In partnership with adidas, Foot Locker’s Hollywood & Highland Flagship in Los Angeles will feature a vault-like escape room experience where shoppers can try and escape from the vault with the adidas Ultra Boost “Medal” Pack in advance of the drop.
- Nov. 22: Reebok 3:AM activation in Paris with Betty Autier, unveiling the inspiration behind her Reebok shoe design.
- Nov. 22 – Dec. 6: Puma Transformers takeovers in London and Liverpool, touting free Transformer toys with any Puma purchase, while supplies last.
“What distinguishes the sneakerhead community is our next-level commitment to footwear, style and personal expression,” said acclaimed designer Don C, narrator of Foot Locker’s Week of Greatness Anthem. “Foot Locker really brings that to life with this content – highlighting the unrivalled dedication shared by sneakerheads around the world.”
The specially-curated Week of Greatness product lineup will begin dropping Saturday, Nov. 17 across the Foot Locker family of brands including, Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker both in stores and online. Visit Foot Locker's Release Calendar and Launch Locator to find drop dates and release procedures for the hottest launches.
Account Director: Laura McWhorter
Account Executive: Mackenzie Alderman
Account Managers: Sam Henderson, Raymond Dorcely
Art Director: Ryan Harper
Business Affairs Manager: Heather Weissman
Chief Creative Officer: Greg Hahn (New York)
Communications Strategy Director: Patrick Tomasiewicz
Copywriter: Min-Woo Park
Creative Agency: BBDO New York
Creative Director: Marcus Johnston, Jim Connolly
Design director: Dennis Payongayong
Designer: Brandon Galosi
Director: Janelle Van Wonderen (SVP)
Chief Creative Officer Worldwide: David Lubars
Director of Business Affairs: Bernadette Naughten
Director of Integrated Production: David Rolfe
Executive Creative Director: Dan Lucey
Executive Producer: Melissa Tifrere, Anthony Curti
Motion graphics: Chris D’Andrea
Planning Director: Steve Panawek
Production Services Director: Jessica Nugent (VP)
Senior Project Manager: Amy Orgel