Thu, 10 Sep 2020 13:49:27 GMT
Say hello to Du-Fu. Tasked with designing a new mascot for the city to use in its official promotions, Winkreative cultivated a fresh take on Chengdu’s informal symbol of the panda to capture its spirit. To attract visitors, new business opportunities and settlers from around the world, we designed and illustrated Du-Fu as inquisitive, open-minded and approachable, with a personality as colourful as the city he calls home.
Spirit of a city
Du-Fu loves his dan-dan noodles with extra pepper, but spending time with friends to share a spicy hotpot is even better. Du-Fu makes the most of living in western China’s contemporary art hub by visiting the local galleries. Chengdu is also making strides towards becoming a garden city, so Du-Fu can often be seen riding around on the city’s cycle paths.
Making a mascot
1. Choose an original character that stands out in your market
2. A charming wave, or a knowing wink, can speak volumes
3. Dress and accessorise your mascot for different roles
4. Play with colour, clothing and details to really catch the eye
5. Think about how your mascot will work on small screens and in animation
6. Extend the reach and understanding with a catchy name
7. As the face of your business, make sure it’s original, memorable, and complimentary
Creative Agency: Winkreative
Categories: Government, Corporate, Social and PSAsWinkreative, 10 months ago