Mon, 18 Jul 2016 09:56:36 GMT
The plaudits have been rolling in for the winners of this year’s International Music+Sound Awards, who had the spotlight shone upon them last week when results were released for this global competition. For a fourth year, the list of winners represents the worldwide elite of music and sound talent, within the media.
The competition ensures recognition for the top media composers, sound designers, sync teams and music supervisors whose craftsmanship and creativity transform the projects they work on.
In the words of Music+Sound Awards judge, Bas Korsten, Executive Creative Director at JWT, Amsterdam, "I don’t have to explain the power of music and sound… Anyone with a soul knows what music and sound can do. They’re among the most powerful tools in a Creative’s toolbox. Our industry wouldn’t be our industry without them. The Music+Sound Awards honour that notion."
Once again, The Music+Sound Awards supported the charity, Nordoff Robbins, donating £5 from each entry to this far-reaching music therapy organisation.
Managing Director of the Awards, Emma Maguire, says, “Our congratulations to all the winners and finalists of 2016’s International Music+Sound Awards. We thank all of our entrants, judges and partners for supporting the 4th International Awards. The winners truly deserve the international acclaim they are receiving. Hearing so much boundary-pushing work from around the world creates such inspiration and raises the bar for all the industries involved.”
And the 2016 International Music+Sound Awards go to…
Best Original Composition in Broadcast Advertising
- Peter Raeburn, Luis Almau, Ben Castle at Sountdtree Music for Wieden+Kennedy’s Lurpak Freestyle
Best Original Composition in Online, Viral + Ambient Advertising
- Daniele Carmosino at DanCa, Barcelona, for Bose Music is my Language
Best Original Composition in Branding + Idents
- Ivan Llopis at Banjo Music for MOVISTAR+, Madrid’s Idents for TV Channel #0
Best Use of Production Music in Broadcast Advertising
- Syd Dale / EMI Production Music / SONY ATV / Menlo Park Music for Wieden & Kennedy London’s Heineken The Chase
Best Use of Production Music in Online, Viral + Ambient Advertising
- Adam Saunders + Mark Cousins at Focus Music for adam&eveDDB’s Mulberrry Miracle of Mulberry
Best Re-Record or Adaptation in Broadcast Advertising
- Leland Music + Aurora for adam&eveDDB London’s John Lewis Christmas 2015 The Man On The Moon - Oasis 'Half The World Away'
Best Re-Record or Adaptation in Online, Viral, Ambient Advertising
- Alex Lavery at Pitch & Sync, London for Desperados House Party Plugged – Riton ‘Rinse and Repeat’
Best Sync in Broadcast Advertising
- Pete Raeburn at Soundtree Music and Steph Perrin at Felt Music for FCB Inferno’s Sport England – This Girl Can 'Get Ur Freak On'
Best Sync in Online, Viral + Ambient Advertising
- Big Sync Music / Jesper Gadeberg for LOLA MullenLowe’s Magnum Be True To Your Pleasure – Mechanical Bride‘Umbrella’