More than 1,000 of Los Angeles’ biggest thinkers in advertising gathered in the Beverly Hilton International Ballroom for the eighth annual ThinkLA IDEA Awards Gala last night to celebrate advertising’s greatest people, work, and companies in the region in 2017.
Supporting sponsors AT&T AdWorks and Facebook set the tone with an elegant party atmosphere. The awards, which recognised Southern California’s most illuminated creative and tech-savvy brains, was produced by ThinkLA, the nonprofit organisation dedicated to empowering Los Angeles’ media, marketing, and advertising communities.
Other sponsors included Twitter, BuzzFeed, Foursquare, Spotify, Tremor Video DSP, Conversant, imgur, Simpli.fi, Rhythm One, loop me, and Acast; and partners Defy Media, V3 Printing, Rapport, Liquid, and VIMBY.
The evening’s events included a cocktail reception and dinner followed by the awards show and after-party on the Beverly Hilton pool deck.
During the gala, host Paul Ollinger and other presenters bestowed agencies, brands, and individuals with achievement awards for the best annual campaigns, companies, and professionals in their fields. Submissions, which were produced by and/or for Southern California-based companies and launched in the 2017 calendar year, were judged by key advertising, brand, and tech executives outside of the L.A. market.
2018 IDEA Award Winners:
BEST VIDEO CAMPAIGN
- Fit “Incredibly Roomy Campaign” | RPA
BEST BRANDED CONTENT/STORYTELLING CAMPAIGN
- Shadow of War Campaign – “A Dork and His Orc Roommate” | Chive Media Group
BEST VISUAL CAMPAIGN
- LA Original | 72andSunny
BEST SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
- Xbox Holiday Sweater Campaign | Bradley and Montgomery (BaM)
- DreamWorks Trolls Meets Musical.ly | The QYOU
BEST CAUSE MARKETING CAMPAIGN
- Imaginary Friends Society | RPA
BEST EXPERIENTIAL CAMPAIGN
- HP and Intel Festivalization - Coachella and Panorama | Infinity Marketing Team
BEST MOBILE CAMPAIGN
- “UnBULLievably Entertaining” - 20th Century Fox International Theatrical: Ferdinand x Tapjoy | Vizeum Global
- Stranger Things + Snapchat's AR Portal Lens | Snapchat
CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR
- Her Story is Our Story - The Laws of Gilead | UM
CLIENT OF THE YEAR
- Susie Rossick | Honda Automotive Marketing
SALESPERSON OF THE YEAR
- Sean Booker | Conversant Media
AGENCY PERSON OF THE YEAR
- Jared Blitz | Advantage
PARTNER OF THE YEAR
BOUTIQUE AGENCY OF THE YEAR
SILICON BEACH STARTUP
MEDIA/FULL SERVICE AGENCY OF THE YEAR
- Assembly Media
HALL OF FAME AWARD