More than 70 creative leaders from 17 APAC countries and regions have been selected by The One Club Asia to serve as judges for the new One Asia Creative Awards 2021.
Based upon the popularity of last year’s One Show Asia Showcase, The One Club Asia expanded the scope of its successful annual awards program from Greater China to all of Asia Pacific. Regular deadline for entry is September 10th, 2021, and the final deadline with increased fee is September 17th, 2021.
One Asia 2021 jury includes the following:
- Dave Bowman, APAC Creative Chief, Google PI Sydney
- Pia Chaudhuri, ECD, BMF Sydney
- Fee Millist, ACD, CHE Proximity Sydney
- Edu Pou, ECD, We Are Social Australia Sydney
- Julian Schreiber, CCO/partner, Special Group Australia Sydney
- Mandie van der Merwe, ECD, M&C Saatchi Sydney
- Michelle Walsh, CD, Leo Burnett Australia Melbourne
- Pat Baron, CCO, McCann Australia, and HERO Melbourne
- Raj Kamble, CCO/founder, Famous Innovations Mumbai
- Kainaz Karmakar, CCO, Ogilvy India Mumbai
- Geet Rathi, creative/design director, TBWA\India Mumbai
- Tista Sen, regional CD, South Asia, Wunderman Thompson Mumbai
- Phillip Cerney, CCO, Wunderman Thompson Indonesia Jakarta
- Gavin Simpson, CCO, Fortuna Indonesia Jakarta
- Bryan Siy, ECD, TCP-TBWA\Indonesia Jakarta
- Masaya Asai, CCO, Droga5 Tokyo
- Koichi Katsumata, CD/communication designer, Hakuhodo Inc. Tokyo
- Terence Leong, ECD, AKQA Tokyo
- Masako Okamura, group CD, Dentsu Inc. Tokyo
- Norikuni Takamiya, co-head, I&CO Tokyo
- Kumi Tominaga, head of creative shop, Facebook Japan Tokyo
- Yuki Tsutsumi, CD, Dentsu Inc. Tokyo
- Adam Chan, regional ECD, Bonsey Jaden Kuala Lumpur
- Gigi Lee, CCO, TBWA\Group Malaysia Kuala Lumpur
- Nils Andersson, founder, Stig & Xi, Shanghai
- Sarah de Joya, creative lead, F5 Shanghai
- Angie Fang, co-founder/CD, Studio NOWHERE Shanghai
- Kenneth Kuan, global chief CD, BeWe Studio Shenzhen
- Kevin Lee, film director, FARFAR FILMS Shanghai
- Kent Lu, ECD, DDB China Group Shanghai
- Kenny Mar, co-founder/creative chief, Klue Shanghai
- Cai Meng, CEO/CCO, COOLDOWN Shanghai
- Akae Wang, ECD, Tencent Shenzhen
- Kelly Woh, Group CD, Ogilvy Shanghai
- Jody Xiong, founder, The Nine Shanghai
- Tingting Zhang, creative partner, TOPic Beijing
- Aricio Fortes, CCO, BBDO China Shanghai
- Wilson Ang, Group CD, Cheil Worldwide Hong Kong
- Reed Collins, CCO, Ogilvy Asia-Pacific
- Tan Khiang, owner/ECD/film director, Wowwowtank
- Christopher Lee, group CD, Publicis Groupe Hong Kong
- Sarah-Leith Izzard, regional ECD, Ogilvy Hong Kong
- Alice Chou, CCO, DentsuMB Taiwan Taipei
- Shiny Lee, CD, Whatever Taipei
- Vicky Lee, ECD, Medialand Digital Strategy Limited, Taipei
- Jin Yang, creative partner, Leo Burnett Taipei
- Richard Yu, regional CCO, ADK Taipei
- Ujaya Shakya, founder/managing director, OUTREACH Nepal Kupondole Lalitpur
- Haylie Craig, senior art director, Colenso BBDO Auckland
- Kim Pick, ECD, VMLY&R New Zealand Auckland
- Leisa Wall, ECD, FCB New Zealand Auckland
- JP Twaalfhoven, Senior Creative, Clemenger BBDO Wellington New Zealand
- Shane Bradnick, CCO, TBWA\ Group Auckland
- Abi Aquino, CCO, MullenLowe Treyna Manila
- Soleil Badenhop, ACD, GIGIL Manila
- David Guerrero, chairman/CCO, BBDO Guerrero Manila
- Merlee Jayme, CCO, Dentsu International APAC Manila
- Kat Gomez-Limchoc, ECD, Black Pencil Manila
- Nicolas Courant, CCO, Ogilvy Singapore and Malaysia
- Tay Guan Hin, CCO, BBDO Singapore
- Valerie Madon, CCO, Asia, VMLY&R Singapore
- Jennie Morris, CCO, Publicis Singapore
- Mateusz Mroszczak, CCO, Wunderman Thompson Singapore
- Thomas Hongtack Kim, creative solutionist/founder, 2KG Seoul
- Ruchi Sharma, founder/CCO, HumanSense Colombo
- Tara Weerasinghe, group head-creative, Leo Burnett Sri Lanka Colombo
- Torsak (Tuey) Chuenprapar, CCO/co-founder, Wolf BKK Bangkok
- Damisa Ongsiriwattana, co-founder/ECD, Sour Bangkok
- Irvine Prisilia, co-founder/CD, TJT Creative Lab Bangkok
- Jureeporn Thaidumrong, creative chairperson/CCO, GREYnJ United Bangkok
- Edmund Choe, CCO, Dentsu International Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City
One Asia jury also includes a handful of international creative leaders to lend a global perspective to the awards, including Jessica Apellániz, CCO, Ogilvy Mexico & Latam Mexico City; Cinzia Crociani, ECD, VMLY&R New York; Myra Nussbaum, CCO, Havas Chicago; Ali Rez, regional ECD, Impact BBDO Dubai, and Johan Vakidis, global ECD, Sid Lee Montreal.
Online judging will take place in October, with finalists announced in November. Gold, Silver and Bronze winners will be announced in December.
Eligible regions for One Asia are Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Mainland China, East Timor, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.
Changes for 2021
In addition to expanding to cover all of the Asia Pacific, there are a number of other notable changes reflected in One Asia Creative Awards 2021:
New entry system, with a streamlined process to make entering easier than ever. Entrants can create one master list of credits in their account and automatically apply the entire list to different pieces of work, as well as store all media — videos, images, URL, etc. — in one place. Credits and media can be organized in groups, and there are now several options for creating and editing entries.
- New categories and sub-categories, including Audio & Radio, Creative Effectiveness and Public Relation. In addition, Craft is now divided into three categories – Film & Video Craft, Digital Craft and Print & OOH Craft.
- New special awards, including the Green Award recognizing work which made a significant environmental impact, and the CMO Award honors the marketer responsible for the single most impactful idea on a brand’s business, as voted by a jury of top CMOs.
- New rankings, identifying One Asia 2021 Agency of the Year, Client/Brand of the Year, Network of the Year, Independent Agency of the Year, Internal/In-House Agency of the Year and Production Company of the Year, as well the other top scoring entrants determined by the number of Gold, Silver, Bronze and Merit awards won this year.
The One Club Greater China office was founded in 2000, hosting a series of youth events in China, and added The One Show Greater China Awards and related Creative Week program seven years ago. In the past 20 years, the team has focused on promoting creativity in the region, and greater communications between Greater China and the global industry.
“Last year’s successful One Show Asia Showcase was the beginning of our next chapter, setting a new benchmark for the diverse creative industry in all of Asia Pacific,” said Ma Chao, Chief Representative for what is now known as The One Club Asia office. “We now have an expanded commitment to actively facilitate insightful communications among APAC countries, and recognize and elevate Asia Pacific’s creative excellence to the world.”
“APAC is responsible for some amazing creative work, and exhibits a unique passion for innovation,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club. “We are excited to showcase this excellence across the entire region with One Asia, and celebrate the great work and people behind it.”
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards, Type Directors Club Communication Design and Typeface Design awards, Young Guns and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organisation whose mission is to support and celebrate the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. Established in 1921, the global ADC Annual Awards is the world’s longest continuously running creative award for advertising and design, honouring excellence in craft, design and innovation. Creative Week takes place in June, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.