Concord Music Publishing
Tue, 05 May 2020 16:36:41 GMT
If you're anything like me, it's about now that you're beginning to re-assess the proximity between your work desk set up and the fridge. You've got an inkling that maybe a whole bottle of red wine with a one course dinner on a Tuesday night, isn't quite normal. And perhaps the size of your ever-growing double chin is starting to feel, well, a little uneasy.
But. Do not despair, my friend…I got you.
If there's anything I've learnt during these weeks of lockdown, it is that routine and repetition, along with the willingness to try, is the key to everything. And in particular, by defining your morning, work and evening routines (and splitting them up with some epic playlists) - already steps your day into a realm of possibility and productivity.
Now I can't say I've quite mastered them yet, but here's a few pointers you could try applying to each sphere of your Covid day…
Ahhh the dreaded morning. Yup, the alarm blows your earhole and your magical dreams come crashing to an end.
However, after pressing many snooze buttons in my time, I've finally discovered the perfect morning habits….
1. Don’t press the snooze button (self-explanatory)
2. Stretch and get moving- whether it's 5 push-ups or a jog in the park (2m from other humans, of course) - just do something that gets your blood flowing.
3. Meditate / gratitude journal - sounds lame, but surprisingly effective in reducing ze stress.
4. Have a BIG breaky- and while you cook it, listen to morning kick-starters like these… eggs and ham - this is ur breaky jam
5. Do one short but fun thing for you - read an article, paint your nails, Facetime the fam, the list goes on.
Cool, now work time. Let’s not lie, it's hard to stay motivated when the couch is staring at you and Netflix is calling your name, BUT here's 5 tips for staying in the Zone…
1. Form an EPIC background playlist- one that's chilled and not too distracting (some ideas… as chill as a sunday roast)
2. Divide the day into 25-minute stints, then get up and rest for 5 in between, so you can go back focused.
3. Have a bit of caffeine and lots of water handy- keep that brains running!
4. Make your work space, your work space and definitely have a comfy chair.
5. Pop your phone away and turn off any form of notifications. Get rid of distractions.
And just like that- the day is almost over. SO log off your emails, close your laptop and yes, do drink the wine (in healthy moderation).
Here's five ways to have some fun and rejuvenate in the eve…
1. Get out of the house again (if you haven't lapped up that hour)- maybe a sunset walk could be delightful?!
2. Make a delicious dinner and pop on a few candles.
3. Have some fun with your loved ones (whether it's virtually or a casual board game with the people you live with. Keeping in mind Monopoly will never be casual and is bound to instigate war.)
4. Boogie to some old school tunes- here's a couple go-tos… old school bangers
5. And finally, treat yourself to a little self-care- lather on that charcoal mask (which benefits your face, you're still not quite sure how), have a bubble bath and bake an groovy dessert- cause you deserve it.
Good luck and safe quarantining. May the fifth, routine and a little more sanity (than the minute level I still possess from this lockdown) be with you.
- Shannon Alexanderview more - Trends and InsightConcord Music Publishing, Tue, 05 May 2020 16:36:41 GMT