The AICP today released a sneak peek (click here and here) at the thoughts and insights the AICP Next Awards Jury Presidents and Curators at Large will share via a series of films at the premiere of the AICP Next Awards on June 6th. Directed by Sarah Rinaldi, the films are an integral part of the awards ceremony. Nick Law, Vice Chairman/Global Chief Creative Officer at R/GA, and the 2017 AICP Next Awards Judging Chair, will serve as Master of Ceremonies at the premiere. In addition to screening the winning work, and insights from those who selected the winners – including Most Next (Best in Show) – the winners of the Integrated Campaign category will present live case studies. In addition to winning Best in Show, the Most Next winner also directs a $5,000 grant from the AICP Foundation to an educational initiative of their choice.
The Integrated Campaign winners are: “Blind Taste Test” for Kraft Macaroni & Cheese out of CP+B; and Boost Mobile’s “Boost Your Voice” from 180LA. Presenting from CP+B are: Adam Chasnow, VP/Executive Creative Director; D’Arcy O’Neill Creative Director; and Devin Reiter, VP/Managing Director. Presenting from 180LA are: William Gelner, Chief Creative Officer; Natasha Wellesley, Head of Integrated Production, and David Emery, Executive Producer.
Serving as Jury Presidents and Curators At Large, comprising its Curatorial Committee under Law for the 2017 AICP Next Awards are:
- Tim Allen, Microsoft (Mobile)
- Jill Applebaum, Facebook (Social)
- Winston Binch, Deutsch North Amercia (Website)
- Susan Credle, FCB (Viral/Web Film)
- Kerstin Emhoff, PRETTYBIRD (Experiential - Live Events/Broadcast)
- Jessica Greenwood, R/GA (Curator At Large)
- Jeff Kling, Fallon Worldwide (Curator At Large)
- Jonathan Mildenhall, Airbnb (Branded Content);
- Chris Milk, Within & Here Be Dragons (Virtual Reality)
- Tor Myhren, Apple (Curator At Large)
- Rob Reilly, McCann Worldgroup (Curator At Large)
- Jaime Robinson, Joan (Integrated Campaign)
- Vivian Rosenthal, Snaps (Innovation)
- Jimmy Smith, Amusement Park Entertainment (Cause Marketing)
- Tereasa Surratt, Ogilvy (Experiential)
Rinaldi is an Emmy-award winning director who has worked on both brand promotions as well as sports programming and features. She was recently selected for the first-ever Commercial Directors Diversity Program (CDDP) Showcase. The CDDP is a joint effort of AICP and the Directors Guild of America (DGA) to increase the number of women and minority directors in the commercial industry.
AICP Week includes the debut of The AICP Next Awards, and the premiere of The AICP Show will premiere on June 7th at The Museum of Modern Art. The AICP Base Camp will be open on June 6th and 7th with a full slate of programming, including panel discussions with industry leaders, the opportunity to experience the Virtual Reality Shortlist for the AICP Next Awards, and fuel up on snacks and coffee. The full schedule of programming for the AICP Base Camp can be found here. Week Passes and tickets to all events are now available on aicp.com.