TBWA\TEQUILA\Hong Kong creates Semi-Precious, an app for the Semi-Permanent event in Hong Kong
With only one day to go until Hong Kong’s first Semi-Permanent event, TBWA\TEQUILA\Hong Kong has created Semi-Precious, an app that provides the perfect space for creative minds to store their ideas.
Semi-Precious allows users to start an idea and cultivate it via an intuitive brainstorming map interface. Think of it as a ‘chest-of-art-drawers’ on your iPhone. The app also has sharing capabilities so you can create and share with fellow creative minds.
Here’s how it works:
1. Tap into Semi-Precious and you will find three simple categories to store your ideas: Personal Ideas, Business Ideas, and Other Ideas.
2. Give your idea a name.
3. Once inside you’ll see a ring. This is the space for your main idea. Of course, ideas generate more ideas, so with Semi-Precious, each idea can be added to by simply tapping the ‘+’ sign and adding a node ring than can contain even more information – be that a written description or pictures.
3. You can start a new idea any time, or build on existing ideas, which in turn build a network of mapped ideas, based on a hierarchy.
4. Should you wish to take your idea to a social network (i.e. your Facebook page), your Semi-Precious idea map can exported.
5. Most importantly, Semi-Precious is a place where your inspiration from being at Semi-Permanent can live, permanently.
Mark Ringer, TBWA\TEQUILA\Hong Kong’s Executive Creative Director, said, “Semi-Permanent is an inspiring event, so we knew that the audience would be fizzing with ideas. The Semi-Precious application is a place to store those ideas. Ideas can be singular or extended and they can be kept private or exported to share.” He added, “It’s the perfect tool for inspired people.”
More about Semi-Permanent:
Only one week away, Semi-Permanent, the internationally acclaimed conference for creative people, is set to magnetize Hong Kong with an action-packed programme of inspirational events.
“With a festival atmosphere that creates a community of sharing and inspiration, activities and events include 15 world-renowned, award winning speakers, tantalising exhibitions, interactive competitions, amazing hands-on workshops, an Asian debut screening and of course amazing parties! We are excited to be bringing Semi-Permanent to Asia for the first time, and sincerely hope that you are too,” said Simon Velvin, Worldwide Director of Semi-Permanent.
Semi-Permanent Hong Kong 2011 culminates in a two-day conference that will be held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre on Friday March 11 and Saturday March 12, where some of the most inspirational creative minds of our time will discuss their work, their lives and their philosophy on creating innovative and inspirational art and design. It cements March as the month of creativity in the city.