Building on the tremendous success of last year’s inaugural event, Social Media Matters returns to Hong Kong to showcase how brands can drive the future of consumer engagement through social platforms.
Social Media Matters is Asia’s only executive level business event presented by brands, for brands, to assess the underlying business value of social media. Hosted by Social@Ogilvy and Branded Asia, the full day event will take place at the Grand Hyatt on September 10th, 2013.
The event brings together global and regional specialists to examine how companies can effectively implement social media, and the relationship between data and ROI.
This year’s hot topics include social CRM, brand advocacy, emerging new platforms, social in luxury, and the rise in creative ideas - set to shape a new perspective on the way social is applied to consumers and businesses across Asia. The event boasts an impressive speaker lineup, including:
• Scott Monty – Global Head of Social Media, Ford
• Ken Hong - General Manager, Weibo Marketing Strategy, Sina
• Darin Williams – Head of South East Asia, Facebook
• Carl Barkey - Head of Social Media and Customer Experience, Global Networks & International Card Services (GNICS) American Express
• Leonardo O’Grady – Director ASEAN Integrated Marketing & Communications, Coca-Cola Asia Pacific
• Simon Pestridge – VP Marketing Greater China, Nike
• Pierre Abadie Lacourtoisie – Regional Director, Digital and Online, Estée Lauder
• Widhadh Waheed – Director of Social Media Marketing, Shangri-La International
"Over the past year, companies have moved quickly from tentative steps in social media towards an obsessive search for what makes great social and how to make social good business. Social Media Matters offers an intense eight hour focus on a question facing every senior marketing executive: How do I best leverage social media to business social?" said Paul Heath, Chairman Ogilvy & Mather, Asia Pacific.
Thomas Crampton, APAC Director of Social@Ogilvy comments, "Presented by brands and for brands, Social Media Matters offers a great opportunity to hear how companies with world-leading approaches to social media have engaged customers and transformed their business. Discussions will range from creative use of social, to finding new ways of using data and looking for how to build mobile into a strategy.”view more - Awards and Events
Categories: Events, Sports and Leisurelbbonline.com, Mon, 02 Sep 2013 09:21:33 GMT