R/GA Ventures, Moda, Umpqua Bank, Portland State University, Oregon Health & Science University, Business Oregon, ConsenSys and blockchain research firm Smith + Crown have announced the six companies that will participate in the Oregon Enterprise Blockchain Venture Studio (OEBVS). The program is designed to build blockchain-based ecosystems and solutions and position Oregon’s businesses and institutions to compete globally.
As the momentum of companies in the blockchain space grows, there continues to be new developments and breakthroughs in industry adoption. The Oregon Enterprise Blockchain Venture Studio, with a diverse industry partner set from healthcare, finance, education, tech, and more, have embraced blockchain technology as a new frontier of innovation, thus creating an environment to test and launch blockchain applications and solutions.
“Over the last few years, we have seen blockchain technology evolve from early and sometimes experimental uses to increased adoption at the enterprise level,” said Stephen Plumlee, vice chairman of R/GA and managing partner of R/GA Ventures. “We look forward to working with our industry-leading partners and with these innovative startups to refine and implement new enterprise blockchain platforms and applications that have the potential to substantially impact multiple verticals.”
OEBVS will focus on leveraging products, services, and tools to solve targeted business objectives for the Studio Partners and to amplify these successes across Oregon and globally. Each participating company was selected to align with a strategic area of interest with a diverse set of Studio partners. These areas include community initiatives, health records, supply chain, ad and media technology, identity management, back-office processes, and internal employee tools.
The companies participating in this program are:
1. Brave - Brave software’s fast, privacy-oriented browser, combined with its blockchain-based digital advertising platform (Basic Attention Token), is resetting the web for users, publishers, and advertisers. Users get a better, less cluttered, and speedier web experience, publishers increase their revenue share, and advertisers receive better conversion.
2. Chronicled - Chronicled is pioneering enterprise solutions and networks powered by blockchain to improve the way supply chains operate.
3. Concord - Concord provides privacy-first data solutions that protect and reward brands and the people they engage with.
4. Everest - Everest‘s platform solves for verifiable identity, secure value exchange, and transparent accounting – with a distributed ledger and storage system, mobile phone application, and administrative community management portal.
5. qiibee - qiibee is the global standard for loyalty on the blockchain. Through qiibee’s plug-and-play solutions, businesses worldwide are running and operating loyalty programs on the blockchain in a few hours, while reducing costs and maximising customer lifetime value.
6. Patientory - Patientory, Inc. empowers end-users globally with a secure platform to manage and transfer their health data to achieve actionable insights for improved health outcomes and well-being
R/GA’s award-winning strategists, technologists, designers, and consultants will advise the blockchain companies to develop their businesses and prepare them for future milestones.
The Studio program is taking place at R/GA Portland’s Pearl District office and will conclude in October with a demo event. During this event, each company will present to industry leaders, partners, investors, and customers from the technology and innovation community.