Thu, 30 Sep 2021 12:45:32 GMT
The Shiny Awards shortlist screened to a full house at Havas Studios on Thursday. New directors, reps, editors and producers enjoyed lively networking after the show, with the unsigned new directors in particular getting multiple invitations to meet for coffee.
The five popular winners are:
- Anna Dobos and Susie Peng ‘I Thank My Mother For My Hair’, self commissioned, London *Under-represented voices
- Devon Ferguson ‘Monster Jobs’ competition, Vancouver
- Sinan Sevinc ‘Innocence Project’ student work FilmAkademie Baden-Württemberg, Berlin
- Sebastien Whyte ’Note to Self’ for Rambert Dance Company, London *Under-represented voice
- Logan Hendricks ‘adidas Sneaker Crossing 2.0’ for Champs Sports, Los Angeles
As always Shiny applied diversity metrics to the shortlist selection, to promote a range of under-represented voices. Says Caroline Bottomley, MD “It was great to so see people enjoying great work in the lovely atmosphere of Havas…”
Katie Keith, global head of production for Havas Studios says: “We’re very happy to support Shiny and all the wonderful work they do for new and under-represented talent.”
The Shiny Awards now run on the last Thursday of every month, always at ad agency or brand offices.
The call for entries from new directors, newly signed or freelance, is live for the October Awards at Atomic London, and tickets for the event available here.
All entries are judged by leading companies in the commercial production industry.view more - Awards and EventsShiny Awards, Thu, 30 Sep 2021 12:45:32 GMT