At this year’s 61st Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Omnicom Group (NYSE:OMC) will have a significant presence both onstage and off.
Omnicom agencies will lead a number of seminars, host workshops, teach Master Classes, and showcase innovations and award-winning campaigns, as well as support the next generation of talent with Ketchum sponsoring the Cannes Young Lions Marketers competition and DDB leading the new Young Lions Storytelling Academy.
“Cannes is the premier global creative festival for our industry and we’re proud our people are playing a leadership role across the board,” said John Wren, President and CEO, Omnicom Group. “Our people will take center stage and lead seminars on important topics within our industry, such as the intersection of creativity and technology, talent, digital media and product innovation.
For a full list of seminars & workshops, click here. Some highlights inclue:
- BBDO’s “Nice Is the New Black” and PHD’s “Mind Trip: A Complete Reboot of the Way We See the World” main stage seminars were winners of the Lions Live Public Vote.
- Visa and BBDO’s “Sports as a Source for Global Creative Inspiration” will appropriately feature David Wise, freestyle skier, and Marcel Desailly, World Cup Footballer.
- Instagram and Omnicomwill host the panel session, “The Intersection of Creativity, People and Brands.”
- “Learn from the Worst: The Role Mistakes Play in Building a Creative Career” features Ad Age’s A-List LatinWorks.
- A real “Mad Man,” Keith Reinhard, Chairman Emeritus of DDB, hosts a Master Class on “Why Passion.”
- Cannes 2014 Marketer of the Year session, “McDonald’s Wonders: What Really Is the Antidote to Client Promiscuity,” features panelists from OMD, TBWA and DDB.
- As part of the Young Lions Academy, Ben Priest, Co-Founder and Executive Creative Director, adam&eveDDB, conducts a storytelling workshop, John Lewis And The British Public - A Love Story.
- AOL and the DAS Group of Companies, Critical Mass, Porter Novelli, Maslansky & Partners, and Ketchum, host a session on “Native: The Last White Space?”
- "FleishmanHillard is sponsoring "How to Cannes," a new program by the organizers at Cannes that reaches first-time attendees before and during the Cannes Health Lions and the Cannes Festival, to maximize their experience
- OMD’s Oasis (Cabana #9 at the Palais) will host daily events featuring the industry leaders who are redefining the media landscape. A full schedule of events is available here.view more - Awards and Events