1 month ago
Ocean Outdoor is transforming large format digital out of home advertising in Scotland, introducing a new roadside network, iconic new locations and the redevelopment of acquisitions on major arterials.
The investment programme creates a super-premium channel of 93 digital locations on major arterials in Glasgow and Edinburgh, providing 70% cover across all key routes and delivering 26 million impacts a fortnight.
The live delivery platform gives advertisers a chance to boost brand stature and reach diverse, influential audiences in a year which sees Scotland host significant events including the Euro 2020 Football Championships and the UN Climate Change Conference, COP 26, when 200 world leaders and 30,000 delegates will travel to Glasgow for this vital global summit.
- Launching on March 9, Ocean’s new UK wide XL Network goes live first in Scotland with six sites delivering maximum visibility.
- Positioned on key arterials, each XL screen is one and a half times larger than a standard 48-sheet.
- The Glasgow locations are in Aikenhead Road, Duke Street, Glasgow Road, two screens in Springburn Road, and Victoria Road.
- The XL Network is a flexible, creative, data driven channel which can trigger contextual content.
The M8 Tower
- Ocean Scotland and AGS Airports launch Scotland’s number one advertising tower on the country’s busiest road which connects the nation’s two biggest cities.
- The double-sided advertising screen delivers more than two million impacts a fortnight as motorists and their passengers travel in both directions along the M8 motorway corridor between Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- With its unique proximity to Glasgow International Airport, the M8 Tower captures almost all the airline passengers who arrive and depart by car. The airport carries more than 9.9 million passengers a year, travelling to and from more than 100 destinations.
- The 40 metre high tower launches in March.
- This double-sided portrait large format digital roadside screen has now joined the Ocean portfolio, targeting commuters and shoppers heading towards Glasgow city centre, High Street and the A8.
- Regarded as one of Glasgow’s best and highly demanded locations.
- Ocean Scotland managing director Marc Keenan said: “Ocean has developed a new breed of premium digital assets and quality audience delivery networks which are designed to meet the expectations of brands, advertisers and citizens in two of the UK’s most sustainable, forward-thinking cities. Both Glasgow and Edinburgh are text book cities for how DOOH should look in a digital connected city.
“Creativity and innovation are also core to our growth and we are committed to investing in new ways of using super premium DOOH as a powerful communications platform. This is an important year of activity and Ocean screens will play an integral part in helping our cities to connect and engage with their residents as part of our Digital Cities for Digital Citizens proposition.”
Last year, Ocean secured a long term contract with City Property Investments LLP, the property arm of Glasgow City Council, to redevelop and introduce new roadside and city centre digital advertising screens. The 15 year Glasgow contract, which is for selected premium locations, was awarded following a competitive tender.
As of January 2020, every UK display which is owned and operated by Ocean Outdoor switched to a green energy supplier.Ocean Outdoor, 1 month ago