The ADVERTISING Club of New York’s International ANDY Awards now in its 54th year, today announced the appointment of Nick Law, chief creative officer of Publicis Groupe, president, Publicis Communications as its new jury chairman. In his position, Law will lead a diverse, global, integrated jury that will evaluate and distinguish the best ideas and the bravest creative work from around the world.
The ANDY Awards are paving the way for greater transparency and an awards process that better serves the creative community. In March this year, the ANDYs presented the first ever live look inside an industry awards jury room, lifting the veil and amassing over 250,000 users who tuned into Facebook Live to witness final deliberations among 18 of the world’s most creative leaders.
They also took this opportunity to eliminate categories in order to simplify the entry process and reflect shifts in the industry -- unlike other shows that require multiple entries under separate categories, ANDYs entrants now only need to submit their work once to be judged. From there, the judges will award standout work with additional merits through the lens of Craft, Reset (Innovation), and Bravery. The same integrated jury will also review and judge the student category.
“We couldn’t be more pleased that Nick has agreed to join us as we continue our journey to evolve the ANDYs and ensure we’re serving the creative community in a way that will move the industry forward,” said Gina Grillo, president and CEO of The ADVERTISING Club of New York and International ANDY Awards. “Nick’s experience and distinguished reputation as one of our industry’s greatest creative talents, make him the perfect candidate to lead the charge and the change we seek.”
Law joined Publicis Groupe in May, and is responsible for leading the creative vision of Publicis Groupe, while leveraging the power of data and technology and helping accelerate Publicis Groupe’s transformation to a platform company. He plays a large role in driving a unified creative vision while fostering dynamic and diverse cultures across all of Publicis Groupe’s creative brands.
“I’m proud to align with the ANDY Awards on behalf of Publicis and the creative community,” said Law. “I have seen the ANDYs organization take huge strides when it comes to making industry awards more relevant and transparent. The ANDYs unapologetically celebrates brave brands and brave choices in advertising, and allows our next generation of talent tangible access to opportunities for growth and career development. That is something I wanted to be part of and I look forward to leading a team of our industry’s most creative minds to highlight work that is worthy of an ANDY.”
The below list of creative leaders will serve on the 2019 integrated jury:
- Olivier Apers, Executive Creative Director, BETC Group, Paris
- Jackie Bisbee, Executive Producer and Co-Founder, Park Pictures, Los Angeles
- Javier Campopiano, Partner & Chief Creative Officer, FCB Mexico, Mexico City
- Keith Cartwright, Executive Creative Director, 72andSunny, Los Angeles
- Karen Costello, Chief Creative Officer, The Martin Agency, Richmond
- Sonal Dabral, Group CCO & Vice Chairman, Ogilvy India, Mumbai
- Colleen DeCourcy, President, Wieden+Kennedy, New York
- Pete Favat, Chief Creative Officer, Deutsch North America, Los Angeles
- AJ Hassan, VP Executive Creative Director, RGA, Chicago
- Margaret Johnson, Executive Creative Director / Partner, GS&P, San Francisco
- Andrew Keller, Global Creative Director, Facebook Creative Shop, New York
- Nick Law, Chief Creative Officer Publicis Groupe, President, Publicis Communications
- Mónica Moro, Chief Creative Officer, McCann Spain, Madrid
- Jaime Robinson, Co-Founder & CCO, Joan, New York
- Kazoo Sato, Chief Creative Officer, TBWA\HAKUHODO, Tokyo
- Shanteka Sigers, Creative Director, GSD&M, Austin
- Chaka Sobhani, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett, London
- Debbi Vandeven, Global Chief Creative Officer, VMLY&R, Kansas City
- Hugo Veiga, Co-Founder and Executive Creative Director, AKQA, São Paulo
- Lewis Williams, EVP & Chief Creative Office, Burrell Communications, Chicago
As the first premiere advertising award show of the season, the ANDYs is an early predictor of the work that will sweep the industry’s award season. The 2019 ANDY Awards are now accepting entries and judging will take place in March. For more information on entries and guidelines, visit: www.andyawards.com