BBDO North America
Thu, 20 Dec 2018 11:32:54 GMT
Kerrygold has launched its latest marketing initiative, 'Music Behind the Recipes'. The innovative program is built around the insight that people don’t just look up recipes when they want to cook, they also look up music to play to add to the experience of cooking. In fact, in a national survey of US women ages 25-55, 76% of respondents said they listen to music while cooking and their top reason was because it makes it more enjoyable.
The campaign features new Kerrygold recipes developed by influential chefs with Kerrygold’s range of butter, cheese and Irish Cream Liqueur. Each unique recipe has a corresponding Spotify playlist to be played in the kitchen while making the dish. The playlists match the mood of the recipe – lively for a group brunch, romantic for a date night dish – as well as the rhythm of chopping or the calm of baking and waiting for a cake in the oven. The campaign was developed by Energy BBDO, who collaborated with the chef influencers to create the perfect Spotify playlist to accompany their dishes.
All of the recipes can be found here and link out to Kerrygold’s Spotify Profile featuring 13 playlists from Kerrygold and five different influencer chefs:
- Alison Roman, Author of Dining In, New York Times columnist, Former Senior Food Editor at Bon Appetit
- Kristin Kish, owner/Head Chef, Arlo Grey in Austin, Top Chef Winner 2012
- Jenner Tomaska, Former Executive Chef, Next Restaurant in Chicago, James Beard Rising Star 2016
- Ellen King, Co-owner and Head Baker of the renowned Hewn bakery recognized by the New York Times, Saveur, and Forbes.
- Clodagh McKenna, Irish chef, restauranteur, and author of five best-selling cookbooks, as well as a regular on the Rachael Ray Show.
In the coming weeks, each influencer chefs will be launching their Kerrygold recipes and paired playlists on their own social channels.
The campaign also features an awareness video called 'Cow Concert', starring the contemporary Irish group I Draw Slow playing a concert for the Kerrygold cows right where they graze freely on the lush pastures in Ireland. Kerrygold farmers know if you play music in the pasture, the cows trot immediately toward the music—a real phenomenon. The film is running across the brand’s social channels including YouTube and Facebook and directs viewers to the new influencer chef content.
Genres: Scenic, Music & Sound Design, People
Categories: Sauces and Spreads, FoodBBDO North America, Thu, 20 Dec 2018 11:32:54 GMT