The Spring Shiny Awards, hosted by Hogarth WW took place at Sea Containers House in London on Tuesday evening. The shortlist of 17 short videos was screened to over 200 new directors, post production, production services and production companies in the top floor amphitheatre, overlooking the Thames.
The judging panel included:
- TikTok, executive creative director, UK & Europe, Tom Skinner
- The Walt Disney Company, head of production & operations for CPGP Creative, Kiri Hammond
- Nowness, commissioning editor, Shelley Jones
- Hogarth WW, senior creative film Editor, Michael Owusu
- Hogarth WW / Ogilvy London, head of moving image, James Brook Partridge
- Ogilvy London, global creative director, Regan Warner
, for Andi. Julia is freelance and based in New York
, with ‘Tesfay’ for Witch Prophet. Leah is freelance and based in Toronto
, for Glance. Lee is freelance and based in LA & Palestine
, with ‘No More Empty Chairs’ for Football Beyond Borders. Robert is freelance and is based in London
As always diversity metrics were applied to the selection, to ensure 70% of the shortlist was from directors under-represented in the sector.
Of the 17 entries shortlisted for these awards, 12 are from under-represented directors according to gender, ethnicity, childhood wealth, disability and geography.
Caroline Bottomley from Shiny said: “...What a great evening! Everyone was buzzing about the work, the venue, the vibe and all the excellent people who came along. Our thanks to Hogarth for being our hosts, and to all the directors who sent in their work…”
Sally Miller, Deputy Head of Moving Image Hogarth: “...It was such a great evening. Seeing old faces, new ones and most of all the beautiful vibe of sharing and networking really special evening. Hearing great talent and being able to connect different people was a real joy. Really wonderful event and hope we do it again..."