This week The Music+Sound Awards opens for 2018 global entries.
This global competition celebrates creative excellence in advertising music and sound, presenting awards for best original composition, best sound design, best sync, best re-records and best use of production music over 38 categories.
They were established seven years ago to recognise the true importance of music and sound in bringing any production to life. The phenomenal talent involved in this plus those who commission it are celebrated, showcased and given a global platform each year.
Anyone who has worked in any capacity on a project they feel has been significantly enhanced by the music or sound is eligible to enter. Work must have been first broadcast or released, or completed in the case of short films, between April 1st 2017 and March 31st 2018.
A new category has this year been introduced: Best Voice-Over Performance in a Commercial.
Awards Managing Director, Emma Maguire, comments,
“We are delighted to announce the opening of 2018’s Music+Sound Awards. These awards are now firmly established in the industry calendar, and based on a foundation of integrity and transparency, set the global gold standard within the industries we represent.
They are made possible by the time given and effort made by our amazing jury. We are so grateful for their involvement and look forward to having another year of high calibre work for them to assess. We’re here to reward the unsung talents who create music and sound and wish everyone who enters the best of luck.”
A select group of industry authorities such as Jocyelyn Brown, Senior Music Producer at Leo Burnett, USA, Michael Schachtner, Executive Creative Director at BBDO, Berlin, Paul Cartledge, Head of Production at Yellow Boat Music, London and Sam Ashwell, Head Sound Engineer + Creative Partner at 750mph, London, have been selected for their expertise and knowledge within their fields.
2018 Music+Sound Awards' Key Information
• ENTRY WINDOW: 10th January 2018 to 14th March 2018, with a two week extension at a higher fee, to 28th March 2018
• ELIGIBILITY WINDOW: work must have been first broadcast or released with client approval, or completed, in the case of short films, between April 1st 2017 and March 31st 2018
• SUBMISSIONS: can be made via the awards site: www.masawards.com
• ENTRY FEES (includes a £5 donation to charity partner, music therapists, Nordoff Robbins and are in addition to VAT, where applicable):
- Advertising, Television + Film - £125
- Advertising, Television + Film (discounted*) - £115 + VAT
- Short Film - £55 + VAT
Entry details and competition rules can be found on the awards site, www.masawards.com
Follow The Music+Sound Awards on Twitter (@MASawards) and Facebook for news updates.
2018’s Music+Sound Awards are sponsored by Spitfire Audio and Hummingbird Music.