Thu, 06 Dec 2018 14:26:01 GMT
MRM//McCann and m-united’s campaign for Microsoft has taken home the Grand Prix at the DMA Awards 2018 ceremony at London’s Old Billingsgate, where all this year’s winners were announced. The ‘Xbox Design Lab Originals: The Fanchise Model’ campaign won the top prize thanks to use of audience insight, a clever twist on personalisation and ultimately delivering great results for the business.
Rachel Aldighieri, MD of the DMA, said of the Grand Prix winning campaign: “The Fanchise Model campaign was a brilliant solution to a genuine business problem. It combined smart use of data, creativity in both strategy and execution, and intelligent implementation that delivered fantastic results. They really turned the challenge for the business on its head, while putting the customer at the heart of their approach. By tapping into their audience’s entrepreneurial streak, the campaign engaged fans in an innovative, entertaining and ultimately profitable way.”
MRM//McCann and m-united also took home the most Gold Awards of the night (5 including the Grand Prix), closely followed by the trio of Ogilvy, OLIVER and Proximity London with three each. Behind them was the GOOD Agency and Karmarama who both took home two golds. The leading brand on the night was also Microsoft (5), with WaterAid also taking home two Golds and beyond that, 23 other brands each taking home a Gold Award each.
In total, 20 different agencies and 25 brands each took home at least one Gold across the 33 Categories highlighting the breadth of the great work being done across the data and marketing industry.
Aldighieri continues: “Rigour sits at the heart of the DMA Awards, making them the toughest awards to win. Winning campaigns have to deliver a rock solid strategy, outstanding creative execution and achieve great results. Winning a DMA Award means you’ve truly made a difference, so every one of this year’s winners should be proud of their achievements. This year’s entries also highlight the strength and depth of our industry, that no matter the wider market conditions we continue to develop fantastic campaigns.”
This year’s Awards were judged by over 300 senior marketers from agencies, brands and suppliers over 4 days. The top agencies and categories they won are:
1. MRM//McCann and m-united – 5 (for Microsoft in Best creative solution, Best digital performance, Best launch campaign, Entertainment, publishing and gaming and the Grand Prix)
2. Ogilvy – 3 (for IBM in Technology, PHE in Public sector and British Airways in Best out of home – in collaboration with Wavemaker)
3. OLIVER – 3 (for AXA PPP healthcare in Health and wellness, Barclaycard in Best use of experiential and The Guardian in Best GDPR communication)
4. Proximity London – 3 (for The Economist in Best writing, TV Licensing in Best use of mail and Virgin Holidays in Best customer journey)
5. GOOD Agency – 2 (for WaterAid in Best integrated campaign and Charity)
6. Karmarama – 2 (for Capita for the British Army in Best B2C and Plusnet in Utilities and telecommunications)view more - Awards and EventsMRM, Thu, 06 Dec 2018 14:26:01 GMT