McDonalds, eve Sleep, the NHS and the New Zealand Government are among 60 case studies to enter the IPA Effectiveness Awards 2022, the world’s most rigorous and prestigious Awards scheme for which agencies and their clients must demonstrate the payback of their marketing and communications activity.
Entries span local, regional and global campaigns representing a variety of sectors from FMCG and media to Government and originating from nine countries including the UK, India, South Africa and Chile. Among the 39 single and 21 joint entries are case studies from Barclays, Cushelle, eve Sleep, ITV, KFC, M&S, McDonalds, Tesco, Volkswagen and Waitrose.
This year’s Awards also feature new special prizes and categories for cases demonstrating their wider positive impact and ability to drive behavioural change and has seen 13 not-for-profit entries. The not-for-profit category welcomes entries on both the UK and New Zealand Government Covid-19 response, plus charity-sector papers from Sandy Hook Promise, Médecins Sans Frontières and SickKids Foundation.
Chair of judges and Salesforce president and chief revenue officer Gavin Patterson, convenor of judges Harjot Singh, global chief strategy officer at McCann and deputy convenor of judges Jo Arden, chief strategy officer at Ogilvy UK will provide preside over the client, industry and technical judging panels who will analyse the Awards submissions before announcing the shortlist in July.
Says Harjot Singh, convenor of judges for the 2022 IPA Effectiveness Awards and global chief strategy officer at McCann: “I’m delighted to see the incredible breadth and quality of entries into this year’s IPA Effectiveness Awards. It is particularly encouraging to see so many entries from around the world, directly looking at the impact of the pandemic how brands, governments and NGOs reacted to try and support the public.
“This year’s IPA Effectiveness Awards are the most globally expansive and inclusive yet, and our judging panel of experts from around the world are looking forward to evaluating each of these fantastic case studies.”
The winners of the IPA Effectiveness Awards 2022 will be announced at a black-tie gala ceremony at the Hilton Park Lane on Monday 10 October, marking the start of EffWorks Global 2022. The IPA Effectiveness Awards are sponsored by Google, Meta, System1, Thinkbox and The B2B Institute at LinkedIn, WARC.
Full list of IPA Effectiveness Awards 2022 entries:
Global Market Entries:
- Baileys, Diageo by Craig and Bridget and Mother - The pleasure dividend
- Go Luck Yourself by Lucky Generals and Commercial Break - Go Luck Yourself: How A Business Book Did The Business
- IKEA by Wunderman Thompson - IKEA Open for Business
- Lifebuoy, Unilever by Lowe Lintas Mumbai and MullenLowe Singapore - H is for Handwashing
- #DRYMESTER by C21 and Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership - #DRYMESTER
- Census 2021, Office for National Statistics by M&C Saatchi and Manning Gottlieb OMD - The Power of Us; Involving Everyone in Census 2021
- Cherries from Chile, ASOEX A.G. (Chilean Fresh Fruit Exporters Association) by ASOEX - Enjoying the Red Moment in China with Chilean Cherries
- Covid-19 Response, Cabinet Office by MullenLowe Group and OMD UK - Covid-19 Protective Behaviours Campaign
- FareShare by FareShare - The mouse that roared - how FareShare put the attention of the nation on its vulnerable children
- Fundraising, Médecins Sans Frontières UK by M.i. Media - How smart media investment delivered transformative change for MSF
- Navy, Defence Force Recruiting by VMLY&R - Lost in Translation
- NHS England by MullenLowe Group - WE ARE THE NHS: Then, Now, Always
- NHS South East London by Mediareach - NHS Vaccine Hesitancy
- NHS, Royal Voluntary Service by Mediareach - RVS Ethnic Volunteer Recruitment
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) by The & Partners London LTD - Making supermarkets see packaging differently
- Sandy Hook Promise by BBDO NY - Back-to-School Essentials
- SickKids Foundation by Cossette - Delivering Transformational Growth. SickKids VS The Greatest Challenges in Child Health
Regional Market Entries:
- Aldi UK by McCann Manchester and UM Manchester - Kevin versus John - How a humble carrot usurped a national treasure to win the UK’s Christmas Ad crown
- Bosch by McCann Birmingham - Before everything, there’s Bosch. Worcester Bosch
- Pergraphica, Mondi by True - From pushing paper to pulling on heart strings
Single Market Entries:
- Ambrosia, Premier Food by McCann London and Carat - The Ambrosia Turnaround Story
- ASICS by Agit8 Media - Upliftford
- Barclays by Bartle Bogle Hegarty - Purpose Pays: The Next Chapter
- Barclays by McCann Birmingham - Trust Anchor: moving the unmovable digital banking rejecters to a safer future
- Boursin, Bel by Spark Foundry - From the Christmas Cheeseboard to the Summer Picnic Blanket
- British Beer and Pub Association by Havas London and Havas Media - How the many changed the mind of an audience of one
- BT Enterprise, BT by Now - How BT reconnected with the UK's small & medium businesses by being All business. No drama.
- Cadbury, Mondelez by VCCP - Cadbury - “There’s a glass & a half in everyone” How intrinsic purpose can transform a brand’s fortunes
- Cazoo by Engine and Cazoo - Cazoo - The art of instilling confidence
- Cushelle, Essity by Publicis•Poke - How a koala took on the top dog
- Dove / Masterbrand, Unilever by Ogilvy UK - Dove. Taking on talking selfies. How Dove continues to deliver business value through social impact
- Domino's by VCCP - The hills are alive with the sound of pizza
- Dulux, Akzo Nobel by MediaCom – Dulux Increases Category Penetration by Reigniting the UK’s Love for DIY Programming
- Duracell by Wunderman Thompson - Super charging Duracell – how a new product innovation helped build the brand
- Eggo, Kellogg's by Starcom - L'Eggo WITH Eggo
- eve Sleep by Creature - Helping the nation switch off with eve Sleep
- Gillette, P&G by Grey Advertising Africa - Gillette South Africa: Celebrating The Women Grooming the Next Generation of South African Men
- Hargreaves Lansdown by McCann Demand - Robbing the bank – Turning the nation’s savers into investors
- ITV by adam&eveDDB - Eat Them to Defeat Them by ITV and VegPower: How a big, silly idea solved a big, serious problem
- KFC Australia by Ogilvy Sydney - Embracing your brand DNA, and the category truth, to achieve long-term success
- KFC, Yum! Brands by Mother and Mindshare - KFC: ‘The Right Way’ to rebuild a brand
- Lamb, Meat & Livestock Australia by The Monkeys Australia - How ‘Make Lamb, Not Walls’ made history for MLA
- Lets Do London, London & Partners by Wavemaker London - London’s most effective ever domestic tourism campaign: How it turned around London’s Covid-ravaged tourism sector
- Food, Marks & Spencer's by Mindshare, Marks & Spencer’s and ITV - This is not just an advertising effectiveness paper, this is an M&S Food advertising effectiveness paper
- McDonald's by Leo Burnett London and OMD UK - How We Got Customers Lovin' It And Kept Them Lovin' It, No Matter What.
- McDonald's by Wieden + Kennedy New York - Famous Orders – How McDonald’s created a new generation of fans
- Nationwide by Wavemaker London and Nationwide Building Society - Breaking the cycle of inequity: How Wavemaker and Nationwide are tackling bias in the media industry
- Rugby League World Cup 2021 by McCann Manchester and UM Manchester - RLWC2021: How togetherness sold tickets in lockdown Britain
- Schmackos, Mars Petcare by adam&eveDDB - Sales Go Wacko For Schmackos
- Tesco by Bartle Bogle Hegarty and MediaCom - From serving shoppers to serving the nation
- The AA by adam&eveDDB - How an unwavering commitment to marketing science drove the AA to new heights
- The National Lottery, Camelot by adam&eveDDB and iProspect - How advertising helped make The National Lottery more 'amazing', returning an extra £392m to Good Causes
- TSB by McCann London - TSB’s Great Reset
- Slumberdown, John Cotton Group by McCann Leeds - Slumberdown: Using Social and PR to increase mental and physical availability
- Unite against COVID-19, New Zealand Government by Clemenger BBDO Wellington and OMD Wellington - COVID-19 National lockdown: March – May 2020
- Very, The Very Group by Grey and dentsu X - A Very different Christmas
- Vodafone by Grey London - Curated inconsistency: how being inconsistent helped Vodafone Ireland reboot its broadband business
- Volkswagen by adam&eveDDB and PHD Media - Fuelling the future: How advertising helped fund the re-engineering of Volkswagen
- Waitrose & Partners by adam&eveDDB and Manning Gottlieb OMD - Making Purpose Taste Good
- Wendy's, Wendy’s Restaurants of Canada by McCann Canada - Grown With Love
Secure your place at the 2022 IPA Effectiveness Awards and EffWorks Global in October.