Maverick Advertising & Design has been growing and diversifying at pace, driven by a passion for transforming brands, creating meaning and delivering impact. Described by their existing clients as “one of the industry’s best kept secrets.” As a result it is evolving its brand from Maverick to The Maverick Group. The new name being a more accurate reflection of the Maverick journey from specialist brand, design and engagement agency to a fully integrated agency collective.
The name change will be supported by the launch of a new website maverick-group.com and the unveiling of a new logo, a flying rhino, to reflect the ‘Brave, Agile and Impactful’ nature of the business.
All parts of The Maverick Group are centralised around a single company proposition - Think Maverick, offering clients best-in-class creative and strategic output in the most agile way possible via their central ‘Hub’ - a single point of contact between their clients and their end-to-end collective expertise. The tight-knit Hub team of strategists, account handlers and project managers orchestrate every project, building specialist teams to best service specific client tasks while avoiding duplication of roles, effort and cost.
Owen Rees and Carron Edmonds, co-founders said: “At Maverick we have always taken pride in being our clients' proudest ambassadors and biggest allies. Which probably explains why we have largely kept ourselves off the industry radar, growing not through constant pitching but through word of mouth and recommendations from the clients we work alongside. Our evolution into The Maverick Group will give us the opportunity to show even more brands the kind of client-agency relationship that they could and should expect, with quality of ideas to match.”
The Maverick Group full service offering now boasts nine specialist business units:
• Electric - advertising and customer engagement. Electric is a communications agency delivering impact for brands, through bold strategies, powerful campaigns, unmissable activations and thumb- stopping content.
• Eric - full service production. Eric are production specialists, covering brand advertising, corporate and internal film, documentaries, animation, filmed content, photography and 3D.
• Mavis - brand and experience design. Mavis is a design agency solving client challenges through powerful design, delivered with impact.
• Maverick Sports & Entertainment - sponsorship specialists. The sports and entertainment division of The Maverick Group forge meaningful, holistic and unexpected connections between brands, partners and consumers.
• Maverick Hive - a digital innovation and transformation collective. HIVE’s transformation specialists collaborate with client teams to future‐proof the way they do business.
• Maverick Studio - an agile end-to-end delivery studio spanning everything from web design to eCRM and print.
• Maverick Engage - the engage part of the group specialise in behavioural change, cultural transformation, internal communications and learning development.
• Maverick Pulse - experts in behavioural insight and what makes people tick.
• Maverick Global - specialists in localisation, translation and transcreation. Helping clients to deliver their message across-cultures, with sensitivity and in the most efficient way possible.
The rebrand coincides with the hiring of new talent from around the industry to spearhead each of the specialist business units. Jamie Bell as Executive Creative Director (previously at VCCP, CMW, OMD and Wunderman/HTW), Paul Slee as Head of Digital Transformation (previously at AKQA and RGA) and Cassy Waugh as Client Services Director (previously at Digitas, Lida, Proximity and Havas).