Mobile & Apps proved a fiercely competitive category in 2012, with winners ranging from Wedding Planning (Wedding Planner for iPad, by Createful, Silver Award) to money-saving comparison sites (Sky Scanner app by Sky Scanner, Gold and Bronze Awards) to gaming (‘The Voice of Holland’ developed by IceMobile, Gold Award, and City Golf by Weapon7 Silver Award).
Works that captivated the public this year have also caught the attention of IADAS: the gripping viral video with over 1,000,000 views on YouTube, ‘Don’t Cover it up’, made by BBH for Refuge’s domestic violence campaign featuring YouTube celebrity beauty vlogger Lauren Luke, won two Bronze awards. The VICE UK/Noisey production ‘Skrillex Reviewed by Cute Kids’, which also boasts over 1,000,000 views on YouTube, earned a Bronze. Consumer favourites including Housebites (Bronze in Food and Beverage), SoundCloud (Silver, Bronze, in Web Services and Applications and Community and Social for Tablet), and Moshi Monsters (Bronze in Youth) were also recognised.
Online Advertising winners include agency AKQA, winning five Lovie Awards, for work on campaigns including the NikeFuel Station and MTV Under The Thumb, and digital agency Dare for their work on ‘Time to Change: The Stand-up Kid’. Building on the six awards received in the inaugural Lovie Awards, AMVBBDO has received two gold awards for the ‘Escape the Map’ campaign for Mercedes-Benz.
Swedish advertising agency Åkestam Holst amassed nine Lovie Awards for superlative campaign work making it the agency to win most Lovie Awards over all. Campaigns awarded include the revolutionary campaign for Pepsi The Sound of Football. Other notable agencies include French creative studio Soleil Noir that, amongst several other awards, racked up two gold Lovies for ‘Believe in 2012’.
“The Lovie Awards was conceived to show just how vibrant and creative a digital community we have in Europe” said Nicolas Roope, Academy Chair for European IADAS members. “We are very proud in year two to recognise such outstanding work from across Europe.”
For the second year in a row, Vitamin T, a new division of Aquent, are supporting the awards as Official Sponsor and the Lovies is delighted to welcome new sponsors Internet Explorer from Microsoft, MediaMonks, Uber, Wayra and Bizzabo.
Full list of 2012 award winners available www.lovieawards.eu/winners
Other Highlights of The 2nd Annual Lovie Awards:
· London 2012 by LOCOG - Gold Award in Sports
· Unlock the truth about Guantanamo by Gabergs – Gold Award in Integrated Mobile Experience
· The World’s Best CV by Gyro Communication – Gold Award in Best Practices
· Porteur.cc launch by Fellow Porteur – Gold Award in Online-only Campaign
· TripAdvisor Local Picks by TripAdvisor – Gold Award in Lifestyle
· Glamour Person Shopper by Conde Naste Italia – Silver Award in Integrated Mobile Experience
· StumbleUpon Mobile Apps by Stumbleupon – Silver Award in Entertainment: Tablet
· Financial Times Mobile Web App by Financial Times – Four Silver Awards in Mobile Innovation: Tablet, News, News:Tablet, Integrated Experience
· Nespresso – What Else by Soleil Noir – Gold and Bronze Awards in Food & Beverage and Branded Content
· KLM passport by IceMobile – Gold and Silver Awards in Lifestyle and Community & Social
· Trendtation by Trendtation – Silver and Bronze Awards in Lifestyle and Fashion & Beauty
· Wondermind by Preloaded – Gold and Silver Awards in Games and Best Use of Interactive Video
· TEDx Interactive Brain by MediaMonks – Silver and Bronze Awards in Flash and Social & Community
· 100 Years of RITTER by Kolle Rebbe GmbH – Silver and Bronze Awards for Best Home/Welcome Page and Corporate Communications
· BuddyApp by Buddy Enterprises – Gold Award for Community & Social
· 22 Tracks by 22 Tracks – Bronze Award in Music
view more - Awards and Events