The Lovie Awards today announced the finalists in Online Advertising for the 8th Annual Awards celebrating the best advertising in Europe. Now for the third year, The Lovie Agency of the Year Award will be presented to the European agency that performs best across all award categories. Leading the group of contenders is Jung von Matt (Hamburg), followed by Grabarz & Partner (Hamburg), denwerk (Cologne), BBDO Berlin and CODE D’AZUR (Amsterdam).
Following the judging selection process, public voting is now open for the People’s Lovie Awards through 27 September at vote.lovieawards.eu
. Based on a popular vote of category finalists, the People’s Lovie Awards gives the public a chance to have their say and honour the internet’s best advertising across Europe.
This year, The Lovie Awards represents a broader range of categories, including an inaugural suite of honours for Branded Content, Virtual Reality & 360 Video (Branded), Branded Entertainment and Online Advertising Craft.
The newly expanded Branded Content and Branded Entertainment categories exemplify high-quality storytelling and great craft in writing and content, often with emotionally moving messages. Finalists earning multiple recognitions in these categories include “Generations” for VW (Patchwork), “Soft Skills Can Come The Hard Way” (Jung von Matt) and “The Most German Supermarket” (Jung von Matt).
Selected finalists in Online Advertising campaign categories:
- Best Digital Campaign: Paradise Found (Cheil Germany), Vacanceselect - Personal booking experience (Dept), The blind photographer (Grabarz & Partner)
- Best Integrated Campaign: Save our Species (BETC), Bavaria #Carnavalvrij (Blauw Gras), Samsung Land of Emojis (Cheil Germany), Snapchat Puggerfly (Wieden & Kennedy London)
- Best PR Campaign: Save our Species (BETC), Samsung Land of Emojis (Cheil Germany), and The Uncensored Playlist (MediaMonks)
- Best Social Media Campaign: Help for Help (BBDO Berlin), Bavaria #Carnavalvrij (Blauw Gras), #ImPerfect (Stendahls)
- Best Brand Strategy & Planning: Paradise Found (Cheil Germany), Bavaria #Carnavalvrij (Blauw Gras)
- Best Cause Marketing Campaign: The Uncensored Playlist (MediaMonks), Billboards Beyond Borders (Akestam Holst NoA), Turkcell - #EngelTanimayanlar (People With No Boundaries), Tango Dance (Turkcell)
Nicolas Roope, IADAS Jury Chairman of The Lovie Awards, stated: “Across all The Lovie Awards categories this year, we’re seeing the European advertising community driving quality and innovation. As insights and learnings are enhanced with more articulate data practice, we now have even more powerful means to navigate creative development and production.”
The Lovie Awards are presented by The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS), which has over 500 members in the region, a “who’s who” of Europe’s best and brightest in digital. IADAS members include musician Imogen Heap, actor and writer Stephen Fry, “Father of Wi-Fi” Vic Hayes, Yann LeCun (Chief AI Scientist, Facebook), Anna Rafferty (Global Director: Digital Marketing & Digital Studios, BBC Studios), Iain Tait (Executive Creative Director, Wieden + Kennedy London), Mel Exon (CEO, The Sunshine Company), Corinne Vigreux (Co-Founder, TomTom) and Lauren Laverne (DJ & Presenter, Co-Founder, The Pool), among others.
The 2018 Lovie Award Winners will be announced on 10th October and honoured at a star-studded awards ceremony and celebration at The BFI Southbank in London on 15th November 2018.
The Lovie Awards is supported by Google for the fifth year running as premiere sponsor, joining the Lovie commitment to shining a spotlight on the European Internet’s best and brightest. Supporting sponsors include WP Engine and The London EDITION.