"There has never been a more important time to conduct virtual location searches"
minimises risk, whilst providing access to all of the best locations in one place. Most of the top British location agencies are already on the site, eg) Salt, Locate Productions, FilmFixer, Locality, Scout Productions and more, and with over one million images and hundreds of location managers registered, there is no better way to safely and effectively source a location for a shoot.
The new Location Finder website launches this week. They are an advanced online platform enabling virtual location search of locations both in the UK and globally. The site's AI powered visual search platform acts as a suggestion engine, using images to look for locations. By eliminating ineffectual key word searches that never quite capture the intricacy of detail images conveys, it retrieves hundreds of potential location options based on a single image search. Searches can also be refined by design, geographic location, distance to the film shoot or studio etc.
Location Finder is completely free to use for locations managers and producers, which is why hundreds of location managers are already registered to the site, with more signing up daily.
Advantages for location managers, producers and photographers:
- By using the powerful AI based visual search features, Location managers can develop a full-suite of relevant locations instantly, getting rid of endless keyword searches on multiple websites.
- Large numbers of location recces can be done virtually using the vast number of images online, allowing physical recces to be efficiently chosen.
- To enable Covid-secure working arrangements, the Location Finder platform can be used to source locations as well as nearby workspaces and dining areas for essential crew and services.
- The mapping function allows scouts and location managers to source locations that are near studios, but away from crowded public areas, or near vulnerable populations - eg) care homes.
- The mapping function also allows location managers to source nearby parking facilities or private parking options, helping to choose potential unit bases near the shoot.
- The Contact Sheet function allows images to be downloaded and shared to multiple parties, avoiding sharing printed out copies of documents.
Advantages for location agencies and film commissions:
- Location Finder allows agencies to advertise their locations to a wide variety of local and international audiences: location managers and scouts, production companies, film commissions etc...
- The reporting function allows agencies to see which of their locations turn up more often in searches, are booked more often, and identify locations that may have been previously overlooked, but now start to gain popularity due to the exposure the platform gives it.
- The platform allows agencies to determine which of their locations are being chosen by location managers due to being more Covid-secure.
- A robust social media package accompanies agency subscription to enable savvy marketing applications for your location library.
Location Finder is therefore a top place to go for virtual location searches, enabling scouting to be done safely, allowing greater exposure for more locations, and helping the global filming industry be better than ever. For further information please visit the website