Thu, 03 Jun 2021 13:56:00 GMT
Listening is everything for the 356 million users on Spotify. With more than 70M tracks and 2.6M podcast titles to pick from, there’s a plethora of audio content to discover. So on June 2nd, Spotify launched its newest campaign, Only You.
The multifaceted data-driven creative campaign will feature an in-app experience, personalised playlists and global marketing in 22 markets across TV, social, digital and OOH.
While Spotify users have to wait a few more months for Wrapped and the top lists of what soundtracked their 2021, Only You is all about celebrating how they listen - and provides a Wrapped-esque shareable experience. Fans will also receive new, personalised playlists as part of the Only You journey.
As part of the campaign, Spotify is releasing hero films directed by Similar But Different celebrating the unique personalities, habits, and expressions of fandom within the Spotify community. The films zero in on one hypothetical listener of SZA, Lil Nas X and Harry Styles as an ode to the millions of fans who use our platform every day to connect with the music they love.
- Your Audio Birth Chart: Brought to life through the artists you listen to. Sun: the top artist you listened to over the last six months, Moon: an artist you listen to that best shows your emotional or vulnerable side, and Rising: an artist you’ve recently connected with.
- Your Dream Dinner Party: The three artists you’d invite to the dinner party of your dreams. Once selected, Spotify will create a personalised Spotify Mix for each artist to set the mood.
- Your Artist Pairs: The unique audio pairings that you’ve listened to recently, showing your range of listening interests. For example, who else would play “Greta Van Fleet” right after “Olivia Rodrigo?”
- Your Song Year: How you’ve musically traveled through different time periods.
- Your Time of Day: The music and podcast content you listen to either early in the morning or late at night.
- Your Genres/Topics: How music and podcast genres set you apart based on your listening habits.
“Only You celebrates the uniqueness of each listener through fun stories that highlight the diverse tastes and interests across our global community,” said Neal Gorevic, global head of consumer marketing at Spotify. “Whether you start your day with an episode of ‘Crime Junkie’ or spend your afternoon blasting ‘Rap Caviar’ while replying to emails, how we listen is a reflection of our personalities and who we are. No matter how you listen, you have a home on Spotify.”
VP, Global Executive Creative Director: Alex Bodman
VP, Global Brand: Alexandra Tanguay
Group Creative Director: Dan Brill
Creative Team: Astrid Andujar, Andrew Lindsay, Colette McIntyre, Carolina Perez Siam, Edward Yeung, Noel Yeo, Gabrielle Westfield
Global Head of Brand Design: Rasmus Wangelin
Design Director: Ellen Pai
Designer: Shivani Parasnis
Head of Global Brand: Lauren Solomon
Brand Lead: Payman Kassie
Brand Management: Prapti Pandey, Claire Ulak, Kathy Cho
Senior Producer: Saul Metnick
Business Affairs: Lauren King
Brand Strategy: Nathan Doeiv, Chris Lubin
Global Head of Consumer Marketing: Neal Gorevic
Global Marketing Strategy & Planning: Matthew Luhks, Hugo Norqvist, Krista Scozzari, Dayna Tran
Global Media: Shannen Boynton, Sarah Schlein
Program Manager: Lisa Young
Product: Thomas Gayno, Anshu Das, Udaya Pillalamarri, Yoki Yen Lam, Cait Charniga, Felix Bouleau, Ashley Casey
Data & Insights: Emily Chu, Mike Nestel, Ward Ronan, Ali Fradin
Data Science: Justin Bauman, Arjun Narayen, Olalekan Abou Bakar, Jen Lamere
Localization: Melia Wagner
Legal Council: Sarah Henderson, Adam Weissbach, Claudia Stauss
Licensing: Kelly Basdavanos
PR & Communications: Cj Stanley, Ashley Schlag, Kari Maharaj
Artist and Label Marketing: Marian Dicus, Rosa Asciolla, Andy Vincent, Taryn Lacroix, Jana Coffey, Bella Jackson
Studios Marketing: Teal Kratky
MEDIA AGENCY: UM Worldwide
Production : Division7
Director : Similar But Different
Audio Post : Sonic Union
Animation : Hornet
Editorial : Rock Paper Scissors
Visual Effects and Finishing : Jane Studios
Color / Telecine : Primary
Music : One Thousand Birds
Genres: Music & Sound Design, People
Categories: Media and Entertainment, Streaming Servicesdivision7, Thu, 03 Jun 2021 13:56:00 GMT