Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:32:20 GMT
When Title IX passed in 1972, it finally made women's opportunities in sports equal... on paper. 50 years later there is still a huge disparity in the money, media, and respect between men's and women's games.
In the next R/GA Live event, Leveling the Playing Field, on Thursday, Feb 24 at 1pm EST, speakers from Business Insider, Angel City Football Club, TOGETHXR, and R/GA Ventures will dive into the big business behind women’s sports. We’ll candidly discuss challenges still faced by women in sports, from equal pay and sponsorship to narrow depictions in media, and how brands can not only redefine the experience of women in sport, but also win big while doing it.
Helping close the sports gender gap is not only good for women—it's good for business. Let’s level the playing field, once and for all.
Speakers will include:
- WNBA Minnesota Lynx Basketball Player Napheesa Collier
- Business Insider Editor Ashley Rodriguez
- Angel City's Co-founder and President Julie Uhrman
- R/GA Ventures GSVS MD Fielding Jamieson
- TOGETHXR Co-Founder and Chief Content Officer Jessica Roberstron