To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Los Angeles Philharmonic is inviting the public to participate in an online experience featuring the architectural masterpiece and acoustic marvel, designed by architect Frank Gehry, which has changed the musical landscape of Los Angeles for the past decade.
Partnering with Hello Design, an LA-based digital creative agency, the Los Angeles Philharmonic has launched a digital destination highlighting the upcoming season and featuring the history of Walt Disney Concert Hall as a special landmark, and the aspirational performance stage for many artists from around the world. To give visitors an insider perspective, the new website features an interactive 360-degree panoramic video of a performance in Walt Disney Concert Hall, allowing visitors the rare immersive experience of being inside the orchestra and the opportunity to see the hall from many perspectives.
Additionally, the Los Angeles Philharmonic worked with Hello Design to create an easy-to-use concert selector tool called “Concert Master” as a fun starting point in a visitor’s journey to the hall. “Concert Master” takes visitors through a series of questions about their interests and makes tailored recommendations for which of this season’s concerts they might enjoy.
The Walt Disney Concert Hall digital destination combines rich content, video and social to celebrate the hall’s history and key features including:
· Highlights of major Los Angeles Philharmonic at Walt Disney Concert Hall milestones, including gala openings, premieres, guest artists and festivals
· Architectural content including an interview with Frank Gehry, the architect behind Walt Disney Concert Hall, sketches, behind-the-scenes photos, and virtual tour
· Walt Disney Concert Hall’s innovative acoustics story and concert organ features, photos and video
· Interviews with Gustavo Dudamel, Esa-Pekka Salonen and other artists and musicians who have played at Walt Disney Concert Hall
· A social stream highlighting favorite memories of Walt Disney Concert Hall, captured via Instagram posts that use the hashtag #wdch10
This new digital experience was built for discovery and access, giving viewers a taste of the Los Angeles Philharmonic experience and a multisensory introduction to the joy of classical music. The goal is to celebrate the Los Angeles Philharmonic and its iconic performance space, while bringing classical music to new audiences.
This new work from the Los Angeles Philharmonic and Hello Design follows the 2009 launch of an integrated campaign comprised of an iPhone app, online game and website to promote the arrival of music director Gustavo Dudamel. The app turns iPhones into a conductor's baton and the game allows users to conduct an orchestra with a Guitar Hero-inspired interface.view more - Creative