Energy BBDO releases teaser for upcoming Super Bowl spot
Avocados from Mexico's fifth annual Super Bowl ad will feature Emmy and Tony Award winning actress and singer, Kristin Chenoweth.
The brand will again use its classic brand of light-hearted humour for a 30-second spot that's created by ENergy BBDO and will run in the second quarter of the game broadcast.
To give viewers an idea of the concept for the commercial, the brand has launched its first teaser, entitled 'Chorus', bringing together avocados, Kristin Chenoweth, and dogs.
Over the last four years, Avocados From Mexico has told dynamic stories of the brand's versatility, seasonality, and health benefits, all leading up to this year’s overarching umbrella message: Avocados From Mexico Are Always Worth It.
The brand also launched the multi-experience digital platform AnythingForAvos.com to generate excitement ahead of the Big Game. The website has several features including:
- Adopt A Pet Partnership – Together with Adopt A Pet, Avocados From Mexico launched 'MatchDogCom'. Through this integration, people interested in adopting a dog will be paired with their perfect match from their area using IBM Watson technology.
- The Onion Network – AFM teamed up with The Onion to bring breaking news to light – technology that allows humans to communicate with canines. In this fun segment, dog anchors explain why avocados are in high demand.
AFM also conducted an online survey to determine how far Americans would go for avocados. Check out the results:
- One-third of Americans (32%) would choose a lifetime of free avocados over making more friends.
- Nearly one-in-five Americans (17%) would rather give up alcohol for a year than avocados (20% for women vs. 15% for men)
- Nearly two-in-five Americans (37%) would rather win a lifetime of free avocados than never have to wait in line at the DMV.
- A quarter of Americans (26%) say they can’t live without avocados, and 21% would eat an avocado daily if they could.
- Consumers are willing to pay approximately $2 more to add on avocados to their meals