JWT has retained the majority of HSBCs global advertising. Following a five month review process and pitch the bank have awarded the agency with the following:
The global brand (including airports)
• All cross business divisional activity, globally
• The Advance proposition, globally
• The RBWM (retail) business in Asia
• The RBWM (retail) business in Middle East
• The RBWM (retail) business in North America
• The global Private Banking business
JWT has also been awarded the only new global assignment, the 150th Anniversary campaign (for 2015) which it will begin working on with immediate effect.
HSBC made no secret that it was going to change its model moving to a roster arrangement and that it was never about the quality of JWT’s work. JWT has great ambition for the HSBC brand and its continued partnership with the bank in the future.