Today, global digital agency Isobar has published ‘Creative Experience: the evolution of CX’, a global survey of 1,000 CMOs and senior-level marketers on customer experience. The results demonstrate how CMOs are investing heavily in creativity to deliver better customer experiences that drive business growth. You can download the report here
to find out more.
The report argues how creative experience is an evolution of customer experience - using creativity to create distinct and connected experiences that create a place for brands to live in people’s lives. The report outlines the three imperatives for superior CX - ‘a customer-centred business strategy,’ an ‘innovative use of technology,’ and ‘data analytics to personalise products and services,’ with the marketers who do not embrace these capabilities being left at risk of being left behind.
Jean Lin, Isobar global CEO said: “This survey is a must-read for any marketer aspiring to deliver next-level customer experiences. It defines creative experience - how the intersection of data, creativity and technology will lead the future transformation of businesses and brands through experience.”
The results show how CMOs believe creativity is critical to transforming both customer experience and business overall. 85% of CMOs said that creativity and big ideas that ‘build the brand and that make create an emotional connection’ are important to the future success of their business and 47% are investing in creativity next year.
Ronald Ng, Isobar global chief creative officer explained: “Experience is the only point of meaningful differentiation in brands. Whilst technology provides the infrastructure, it’s a creativity that enables customer experiences to have meaning.”
Notable findings include:
- 85% of CMOs said that creativity and big ideas that ‘build the brand and that make create an emotional connection’ are important to the future success of their business
- 52% of CMOs ranked creativity and ideation as the most important elements of the success of their business today and 47% are investing in creativity next year as a priority
- 83% say that customer experience and commerce capabilities that are seamless and consistent across all channels is important to the future success of their business
- 57% of CMOs say increased customer expectations are a barrier to customer experience excellence
- 64% of respondents said that good customer service means that the product or service delivers consistently
- 74% of marketers are already using or anticipate using voice technologies and 64% are already using or expect to use AR and VR in the near future
The report includes key findings and five tools CMOs to use immediately to transform the customer experience:
- Developing a transformation strategy powered by creativity
- Evaluating technology architecture to underpin experience success
- Investing in commerce through a D2C platform strategy
- Measuring innovation to drive business results
- Utilising modern creativity to create experiences that resonate
Isobar’s CX survey ‘Creative Experience: the evolution of CX’ includes contributions from experts across Isobar’s Global network in 45 markets. The Dentsu Aegis Network Global CMO Survey launched today. Download it from Dentsu Aegis Network here.