‘The Troy Polamalu School of Deeper Learning’ features the Pittsburgh Steelers star, teammate Brett Keisei and comedian Rob Riggie
During the last three football seasons, Head & Shoulders has helped Troy Polamalu’s legendary hair take on a life of its own, which included securing a million dollar hair insurance policy and immortalising him in wax. For the 2012 NFL season, Head & Shoulders is turning the spotlight on men and their hair by giving them a deep education on how to get hair as prolific as Troy’s. Starting today, fans can enrol in the Troy Polamalu School of Deeper Learning (TPSDL) – a virtual school featuring a series of humorous online courses to help men everywhere achieve deeper thinking through healthy scalps and great looking hair.
Head & Shoulders is pleased to introduce the esteemed and masterful faculty of the Troy Polamalu School of Deeper Learning:
- Troy Polamalu, Founder & University President
- Brett Keisel, Dean of Students, Professor of Facial Hair
- Rob Riggle, Tenured Department Head, Comedic Skills
Troy’s academic prowess doesn’t stop there. In fact, the renowned University of Pittsburgh, located in the Steelers’ backyard, has been so deeply impressed with Troy’s follicle-osiphies that they’ve honoured him as a guest lecturer at the University, to share his breadth of knowledge on hair care.
Launching in tandem with the new Head & Shoulders for Men Deep Clean product, TPSDL empowers men to morph into lean, deep-thinking machines via a 12-course online video series at DeepLikeTroy.org.
For every video viewed, fans get closer to earning their own official Certificate of Deep Achievement. With open enrolment starting today, fans can participate in courses, including:
- Advanced Music Appreciation: Professors Troy Polamalu and Brett Keisel demonstrate the art of Spanish Air Guitar, delving into the deepness of facial expressions and the emotionality of proper guitar fingering.
- Spiritual Shampooing 101: Profound Master Troy Polamalu leads students on a journey into the world of Tai Chi, revealing countless mysteries of shampooing spirituality.
- Poetry and Social Revolution 101: Sage Academic Rob Riggle interprets his acclaimed “Rhyme & Riggle” composition book for students. He pontificates, “You want to change society, you’ve got to get poetic. Deeply poetic.”
“We are proud to kick off the fourth year of our partnership with Troy in the most highly acclaimed way – by building him a virtual platform, theTroy Polamalu School of Deeper Learning, to talk directly to men about hair,” said Michael Sabbia, North America Brand Manager of Head & Shoulders at Procter & Gamble. “With each passing year, our partnership with Troy and the NFL becomes bolder and more entertaining but most importantly, we are building a stronger, authentic connection with our male audience to de-stigmatise that Head & Shoulders is just for dandruff.”
“For the past four years, Head & Shoulders has brought my hair to legendary status and fans have been there to celebrate every curl and milestone,” says Troy. “I’m honoured that I’m able to now pay it forward by giving guys everywhere fun, grooming advice that can get them as deeply connected with their hair as I am to mine.”
With 50 years of proven technology, Head & Shoulders is currently the number one selling shampoo worldwide and the official shampoo of the NFL for the fourth consecutive season. Fans can learn more about Head & Shoulders and watch the TPSDL online courses, featuring Troy, Brett and Rob, at DeepLikeTroy.org.