Wed, 09 Mar 2016 10:55:34 GMT
The AME awards, recognizing groundbreaking solutions to challenging marketing problems in the world’s most effective marketing campaigns, have awarded GGH MullenLowe the Grand Trophy and Regional Platinum Trophy in addition to four Gold Medallions for the ‘Nazis Against Nazis’ campaign for the NGO, EXIT Deutschland and a Gold Medallion for ‘The Great Sleep’ for Ikea.
The now famous ‘Nazis Against Nazis’ campaign transformed a Neo-Nazi demonstration into an involuntary charity walk. With every step the Neo-Nazis took they unwittingly made a stand against right-wing extremism: €10 per step was donated to EXIT Deutschland, a charitable organization that helps people leave neo-Nazi groups. The campaign has reached over 24 million people in Germany through earned media, via TV and print, with zero media spend and only €5,000 invested in the campaign elements. GGH MullenLowe, the German agency of the MullenLowe Group network worked on the campaign in collaboration with fellow German agency Grabarz & Partner.
Philipp Schwartz, Head of Strategy at GGH MullenLowe, comments on the success of the campaign: “Through our challenger thinking, we are always striving to deliver an unfair share of attention for our clients. To win the prestigious Grand and Regional Platinum AME Awards for our 'Nazis Against Nazis' campaign is testament to this focus and a huge honor for the MullenLowe Group. The success of this campaign also demonstrates the strength of the collaboration between GGH MullenLowe and Grabarz & Partner, to get the best out of the idea.”
GGH MullenLowe was also responsible for the digital work done for ‘The Great Sleep’, with agency thjnk as the creative lead. To raise awareness of IKEA’s various sleeping solutions, the brand started asking people about their own sleeping habits in April 2015, pointing out that only products suited to their very individual needs can guarantee a good night’s sleep. The campaign was a wake-up call, generating virtually 18 million visitors to the bedroom section pages of IKEA.de, more than 1.6 billion media contacts and a 16% increase in bedroom sales—and incidentally led many people to a bed that’s right for them.
The full list of awards is as follows: AMEs have awarded ‘Nazis Against Nazis’ the following:
· AME Grand Trophy, Civil/Social Education - ‘Nazis Against Nazis’
· AME Regional Platinum Trophy, Civil/Social Education - ‘Nazis Against Nazis’
· Gold, Civil/Social Education - ‘Nazis Against Nazis’
· Gold, Guerrilla/Alternative Media - ‘Nazis Against Nazis’
· Gold, Integrated/Mixed Media - ‘Nazis Against Nazis’
· Gold, PR - ‘Nazis Against Nazis’
· Gold, Online – ‘The Great Sleep’
‘Nazis Against Nazis’ has received an incredible amount of recognition from the world’s top awards festivals, proving to be one of the most awarded campaigns of the last 12 months:
· Fourth most awarded campaign at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity
· Four Gold Pencils and one Silver Pencil at The One Show
· Five Pencils at D&AD, including one Yellow Pencil, one Graphite Pencil, two Wood pencils, and one White Pencil (which recognizes sustainable and ethical advertising and design)
· The WARC Social Strategy Gold prize
· Two Grand Clio awards
· Grand Prize awarded at the New York Festivals
· Most awarded campaign in history of the German Art Directors Club
Jose Miguel Sokoloff, Global President of MullenLowe Group Creative Council also comments: “If you use force, you never change anything. You have to convince someone by being soft, by being intelligent, by being clever. ‘Nazis against Nazis’ is an example of an initiative that tries to address an issue without being forceful, and I think it’s one of the most brilliant ways to solve something without using force.”
view more - Awards and EventsGGH MullenLowe, Wed, 09 Mar 2016 10:55:34 GMT