Tue, 24 May 2016 12:11:14 GMT
Getty Images has today announced it will be bringing powerful, raw storytelling to Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity with the panel: Unfiltered: Storytelling from the Frontline. Award-winning photojournalist, author and subject of an upcoming Steven Spielberg-directed Jennifer Lawrence film, Lynsey Addario and award-winning South African conservation photojournalist Brent Stirton will join Getty Images CEO Dawn Airey on stage to talk about storytelling from the frontline in this inspiring panel session being held in the prestigious Theatre Lumiere.
Introduced by Getty Images VP Reportage Aidan Sullivan, the visually led, emotionally moving presentation will look at the importance of credibility, integrity and creativity – essential attributes not only for journalists, but also for marketers as they navigate a new world of sincere brand storytelling and values-driven content.
“At Getty Images, we believe imagery has the power to move the world, spur change and ignite public debate, and no one does this better than Lynsey Addario and Brent Stirton whose work has directly advanced such critical issues as environmental protection and human rights,” said Dawn Airey, Chief Executive Officer at Getty Images.
“Commercial storytelling must light a fire in the belly of its audience and engage key principles around creativity, credibility and integrity to cut through the clutter and have lasting relevance. I warmly invite Cannes Lions delegates to come and learn about compelling storytelling from two of the world’s best communicators and be inspired as they share their extraordinary images and the stories behind them.”
Getty Images will further celebrate excellence in creativity, thought leadership and storytelling at Cannes Lions through an interactive programme of events:
- Getty Images will once again be sponsoring the Young Lions competition for the 19th consecutive year. As the exclusive supplier of content for the seven Young Lions competitions, Getty Images supports the world’s top young creatives as they compete around the clock to create an award-winning campaign for a charity, created entirely from Getty Images and iStock by Getty Images content.
- Getty Images has partnered with Brazilian agency AlmapBBDO for the eighth year running to launch a unique global campaign, ” which has been submitted to the Cannes Lions juries. The campaign demonstrates the depth of Getty Images’ extensive collection of over 200 million images, and how, through the power of imagery, any idea can come to life. The concept features several famous faces – the likeness of Angela Merkel, Prince Charles, the Dalai Lama and Pope Francis – in an unexpected way: meticulously reconstructed only using creative stills from Getty Images. Watch the “Millions of images. Endless possibilities” film here.
- Storytelling continues out on the Palais Piazza, which will be home to the Getty Images Gallery, an immersive exhibition space where delegates will be invited to wander through a sea of stunning imagery and enjoy refreshments.
- The Getty Images Gallery installation space on the Piazza will host the festival’s newly launched Meet Ups sessions, providing an inspiring setting for participants to meet and exchange knowledge and ideas.
- The popular Getty Images Portrait Studio will also once again be on site, with participants in the Young Lions competitions and Meet Ups sessions invited to have their portrait taken by leading Getty Images entertainment photographer François Durand.
“Getty Images has a long history of supporting creativity, innovation and the exchanging of knowledge at Cannes Lions and we are excited to this year be offering delegates a variety of ways to engage with and be inspired by our world-class content and storytellers,” said Susan Smith Ellis, Chief Marketing Officer at Getty Images.
“We are proud to once again be sponsoring the Young Lions competitions, supporting the next generation of talent to embrace creative freedom with our premium creative content. We are also looking forward to welcoming festival attendees to the immersive Getty Images Gallery space, where we encourage delegates to take a moment out of the wonderful madness of the festival and lose themselves in an oasis of imagery.”
Getty Images’ team of creative trends experts will also be on the ground, talking about the company’s 2016 Visual Trends report. Getty Images founded visual trend research in 1995 and remains the only company with an international creative research team, exploring trends and the changing meaning of imagery in advertising and wider visual culture.
The Getty Images panel, Unfiltered: Storytelling from the Frontline takes place in the Theatre Lumiere on .