Sky has unveiled a brand new Facebook app - Sky Share - that lets Facebook users share information about their favourite TV shows with their friends. The app also lets people discover all the best Sky shows based on what their friends are talking about, what’s trending and recommendations, as well as the ability to record shows, all from within Facebook.
Sky Share users will be able to:
- Share favourite shows with their friends via both Facebook and Twitter, comment and ‘like’ directly from within the app
- Get recommendations for new TV to watch - based on their own preferences and what their friends like and are talking about within Facebook
- Set Sky+ to record from Facebook to watch programmes later at home, complementing the existing Sky+ Remote Record feature.
- Preview trailers for the latest Sky shows, such as Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model and Modern Family
- Explore all the latest shows coming up on Sky over the next 7 days across Sky entertainment channels Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living and Sky Arts
Sky Share can be used by everyone on Facebook in the UK and ROI. However, Sky TV customers can integrate the app into the Sky experience by simply logging in with their Sky ID.
Andrew Mortimer, Director of Brand and Media, Sky, comments: “Increasingly customers are turning to social media to talk about and share the shows they love. With such a wealth of choice of high-quality content, we know that our customers really value TV recommendations from their friends to help them get the most from their TV viewing.
“Sky Share is the perfect tool to complement this trend – and is all part of our commitment to offer our customers the best combination of choice, control and flexibility.”
Iain Matthews, Head of Planning, Jam, commented: "The TV that consumers choose to watch has always been influenced by their friends’ recommendations. Sky Share is a brilliant tool that allows consumers to navigate Sky’s exclusive programmes through the lens of what their friends like, and enables them to record those shows directly to their Sky box. We're proud to have worked so closely beside Sky and Facebook to create Sky Share.
view more - Creative
The Sky Share app, developed by Jam and Sky, is free to use and can be found at https://apps.facebook.com/skyshare_fb.