VMLY&R COMMERCE UK
Fri, 24 May 2019 13:56:30 GMT
Geometry UK ECD Elspeth Lynn has been selected to judge this year’s Innovation Awards at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
These awards celebrate ground-breaking innovation, technology and problem solving.
Comments Geometry UK ECD Elspeth Lynn: “The innovation jury is, without doubt, the best jury to be on. To get a world view of ideas propelling our clients forward that are exciting, helping and sustainable – is not only a joy, it’s a brilliant education. Submissions I’ve seen to date are inspired!”
“In 2019, the juries are represented by the highest calibre of worldwide industry expertise,” said the festival organisers. “Agency jurors sit alongside innovative brands and technology companies including: Samsung, LEGO, Amazon and Alibaba; consultancies, such as: Deloitte, IBM iX and McKinsey and entertainment companies such as Netflix and Marvel Entertainment.”
As a UK juror, Geometry becomes part of #creativityisGREAT – a campaign to promote the very best of UK advertising at Cannes Lions in a unique partnership between the industry and UK government’s Department for International Trade. The goal is to support growth of UK export of advertising services.
The UK Advertising Exports Report 2019 revealed that international trade in UK advertising services reached £6.9 billion in 2017 - an 18% increase on the figure of £5.8bn registered in 2016, outstripping overall UK service exports which grew by 7% in comparison. The export of advertising services has nearly tripled in less than a decade, up from £2.4 billion in 2009.
The Innovation Awards are announced in Cannes on Thursday 20 June and the full jury line-up includes:
- Jury President: Bill Yom, global creative director, Cheil Worldwide, Global
- Dillah Zakbah, technology & innovation director, BBH, USA
- Elspeth Lynn, executive creative director, Geometry, United Kingdom
- Eran Gefen, founder, Gefen Team, Israel
- Francisco Samper, CEO, Mullenlowe SSP3, Colombia
- Kaitlyn WonJung Chang, chief operations officer, Kobza & the Hungry Eyes / KTHE, Austria
- Marcelo Tripoli, VP digital marketing & expert associate partner, McKinsey & Company, Brazil
- Mathias Wikström, creative strategy/head of innovation, RBK Communication, Sweden
- Pete Blackshaw, CEO, Cintrifuse, USA
- Zélia Sakhi, chief experience officer, Virtusize, Japanview more - Awards and EventsVMLY&R COMMERCE UK, Fri, 24 May 2019 13:56:30 GMT