New York Festivals International Advertising Awards, honoring the World’s Best Advertising, announced its 2014 award-winners last night at the New York Show gala held at the iconic New York Public Library Stephen A. Schwarzman Building.
New York Festivals new trophies, created by the revered design team Sagmeister & Walsh and inspired by New York’s classic Art Deco skyscrapers, were unveiled at the ceremony and presented to the 2014 award-winners.
Forsman & Bodenfors Sweden earned the prestigious Best in Show Award for “The Epic Split” for client Volvo Trucks in the Film Category. Pop culture icon and action-star Jean Claude Van Damme carried out his famous stunt, a split between two trucks moving in reverse. The test illustrates Volvo Trucks new dynamic steering system in a spectacular and entertaining way to reach a wide audience. “The Epic Split” also earned an impressive 2 Grand Prize Awards, 4 First Prize Awards, 2 Second Prize Awards, 3 Third Prize Awards, and 1 Finalist Award.
The Volvo Group was honored with the New York Festivals 2014 Brand of the Year Award for their commitment to creativity and innovation. Headquartered in Göteborg, Sweden, Volvo is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment, marine and industrial. Volvo earned the 2014 Best in Show Award, 2 Grand Prize Awards, 6 First Prize Award, 6 Second Prize Awards, 4 Third Prize and 8 Finalist Awards from agencies around the globe.
Bacon CPH Denmark was honored with the title of Production Company of the Year. Bacon earned 1 Grand Prize Award, 4 First Prize Awards, and 1 Third Prize Award.
BBDO was awarded the 2014 Network of the Year, the award presented to the agency network that achieves the most awards and produces the finest caliber of work. In total, BBDO global offices earned 2 Grand Prize Awards, 15 First Prize Awards, 16 Second Prize Awards, 56 Third Prize Awards, and 139 Finalist Awards. In addition, the network was honored with a UNDPI First Prize Award.
The following prominent agencies earned Grand Prize Awards:
- Forsman & Bodenfors Sweden earned 3 Grand Prize Awards two for “The Epic Split” and the one for “Live Test Series Integrated Campaign” for client Volvo Trucks
- DDB DM9 JaymeSyfu Philippines earned 2 Grand Prize Awards for “Smart Txtbks” for SMART Communications Inc.
- Y&R South Africa, “Hope Soap” for Saftety Lab and Blikkiesdorp4Hope
- Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO United Kingdom for “Sapeurs” for Diageo/Guinness
- The Partners United Kingdom “The Connaught” for The Connaught Hotel
- GPY&R Melbourne “Air Force FM” for Defence Force Recruiting
- & Co and Bacon CPH Denmark “Made from Cool” for Jack & Jones
- Akestam Holst Sweden “Blowing in The Wind” for Apotek Hjartat/Apolosophy
- Leo Burnett Tailor Made Brazil “Letters: F, N, R” for client Fiat/Institutional
- Publicis Italy “The Candidate” for Heineken International/Heineken
- Clemenger BBDO “Mistakes” for New Zealand Transport Agency
- Memac Ogilvy & Mather Dubai “Rescue Radio, The Rescue Continues” for Sawa Mninjahview more - Awards and Events