Specialists in the digital production arena are to team up with the Advertising Producers Association (APA) for a unique presentation to the commercials production community on how to streamline production workflows, manage budgets for digital production and ultimately ensure that the precious content is secure and properly managed. The event is open to APA members and takes place at MPC’s Screening Room, 140 Wardour Street at 9am-11am on Thursday 13 September 2012.
Steve Davies, Chief Executive, Advertising Producers Association, said, “Nearly all commercials are now shot on digital cameras. This has created great opportunities for production companies, in terms of flexibility and saving on stock costs, in particular, but it has also brought challenges. This seminar is an opportunity to learn from experts infour different stages of managing digital footage as to how to maximise itspotential and manage the potential pitfalls and risks.”
- The Moving Picture Company (MPC), the leading post-production and VFX company, talking about how early discussions and communication can ease post-production workflow and streamline delivery;
- 4K London, the digital cinematography specialist agency, examining the expanding role of the Digital Imaging Technician (DIT), the variety of their expertise and the technology they employ;
- Filmlocker, the independent media company that provides secure off-site back-up and storage for digital film rushes, discussing digital workflows and the need to enforce procedures on set that are based on digital not celluloid filming;
- Work Post, the boutique film editing company, highlighting the best methods of delivery toensure a smooth transition to post-production.
- Filmlight, the leading developer of digital film technology, will also be in attendance demonstrating its latest on-set and near-set colour management tools.