Wed, 02 Apr 2014 11:44:45 GMT
Digital Cinema Media (DCM) and D&AD have unveiled a compilation of 10 of the best ads that have been ‘inspired by film’ over the past 10 years as part of their recently announced partnership and year-long ‘Inspired by Film’ programme, which launches at Advertising Week Europe 2014.
The Top 10 list, compiled in no particular order, is:
1. Phillips / Carousel; created by Tribal DDB Amsterdam
2. British Heart Foundation / Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels; created by Grey London
3. VW / The Bark Side; created by Deutsch LA
4. Orange / Steven Seagal; created by Mother
5. Jaguar / Villains; created by Spark44
6. Giff Gaff / Don’t be Scared; created by Fallon London
7. Honda / Ferris Bueller; created by RPA
8. Samsung / Galaxy Gear; created by 72andSunny
9. VW / Silence of the Lambs; created by DDB (Adam&Eve)
10. BT / LEGO; PHD, Drum and ITV developed the break and commissioned ITN Productions and Bricksports to produce the Lego versions of the ads
The list will be promoted via a social media campaign and will target the Advertising Week audience by encouraging participants to highlight their favourite ad inspired by film. An Inspired by Film workshop, co-hosted by DCM and D&AD, will also take place on Thursday 3rd April at 12pm at Advertising Week Europe.
The longer-term DCM and D&AD partnership, announced a couple of weeks ago, will see DCM, the market leader in UK cinema advertising and D&AD, the charity which informs, educates and inspires those who work in and around the creative industries, working together to produce, collate and commission content from inside and outside the film and advertising communities. The aim of the partnership will be to showcase creative excellence, accessible film-craft techniques and provoke conversation around film and the role and influence it has on the creative industries.
Zoe Jones, Marketing Director at DCM, said: “After much consideration and delving into both our and D&AD’s archives, we are proud to announce our favourite ads inspired by film. We’re excited to be at the forefront of this crossover between creative industries and look forward to the debate we hope our curated list will generate. These fantastic ads also demonstrate why the quality of ads can be just as good as the film you pay to see at the cinema.”
Lucy Hatherall, Partnerships Content Manager at D&AD said: “These picks from the D&AD archive represent the best examples of visual storytelling and commercial creativity that draws on the inimitable influence of film.”view more - CreativeD&AD, Wed, 02 Apr 2014 11:44:45 GMT