Thu, 06 Nov 2014 10:32:21 GMT
D&AD has revealed the global line-up of creatives set to take part in the 53rd edition of its Professional Awards.
Jury Foremen announced
In keeping with tradition, the D&AD Awards will be judged by some of the international creative communities’ highest profile members. They include:
· Eric Kallman, Executive Creative Director at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (Integrated & Innovative Marketing)
· Rei Inamoto, Chief Creative Officer at AKQA New York (Mobile Marketing)
· Jonathan Kneebone, Co-Creative Director at The Glue Society (Film Advertising Crafts)
· PJ Pereira, Chief Creative Officer at Pereira & O’Dell (Digital Marketing)
· Piyush Pandey, Executive Chairman and Creative Director at Ogilvy & Mather Mumbai (Press Advertising)
Meanwhile UK creatives are represented by ten jury foremen:
· Chiara Ferrari, Interior Designer at Chiara Ferrari Studio (Spatial Design)
· Daljit Singh, Creative Business Strategist (Digital Design)
· David Pearson, Design Director at David Pearson Design (Book Design)
· Gerry Human, Chief Creative Officer at Ogilvy & Mather (Art Direction)
· Harriet Devoy, Creative Director at Apple Europe (Branding)
· Kai-Lu Hsiung, Managing Director at RSA/Black Dog Films London (Branded Film Content & Entertainment)
· Mark Batten, National Executive Creative Director at Wundermann (Direct)
· Mark Reddy, Head of Art at BBH London (Crafts for Advertising)
· Matthew Fone, Producer/MD at Riff Raff (Music Videos)
· Morten Warren, Founder & CEO at Native Design (Product Design)
A full list of judges can be found at http://www.dandad.org/en/professional-awards/#judges
Category changes in 2015
Entries for the 53rd D&AD Professional Awards are already open with a 10% early-bird discount offer for submissions received before 20 November 2014. The eligibility period for the 2015 Awards has been extended to include work that ran from 1 January 2014 through to 28 February 2015. In addition, a number of category and sub-category updates have been made in response to the evolving creative landscape.
A new category has been introduced for Branded Film Content & Entertainment. First appearing in 2011 as a sub-category, TV, film, online and documentaries will now be judged by a standalone jury, in addition to a new tactical sub-category.
Meanwhile, the White Pencil – Creativity for Good award has proved a resounding success at the D&AD Professional Awards. With the ambition to encourage more entries from big businesses, the category now distinguishes between work for NGOs and brands across both advertising & marketing communications and design. Service Innovation is further a new addition, introduced to recognise service products that seek to build brands and businesses by doing good.
To celebrate those pushing the boundaries of technology, innovation sub-categories have been added to Packaging Design, Product Design and Radio Advertising. Innovation in media is also recognised through the revamped Integrated & Innovative Media category.
TV & Cinema Advertising category is renamed to Film Advertising and features a new Tactical sub-category for film advertising. There is a new sub-category Casting for Film Advertising introduced within Film Advertising Crafts and lastly, following its successful re-addition at the 2014 Awards, there are two new sub-categories introduced within Music Videos: Direction and Production Design.
Tim Lindsay, Chief Executive at D&AD, commented, “The role of creativity and the value of design in our society has never been greater. Whether as vehicle for social change, enriching quality of life or finding the means to do well by doing good, we've seen some truly impressive innovation from across the advertising and design industries in recent years as boundaries are pushed and limits tested. After a remarkable 2014, we’re all looking forward to seeing what 2015 brings in the field of creative excellence.”view more - Awards and Events
Categories: Sports and Leisure, EventsD&AD, Thu, 06 Nov 2014 10:32:21 GMT