Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:22:49 GMT
Four juries have returned their results at the 52nd annual D&AD judging event taking place this week at London’s Olympia Exhibition Centre.
In Book and Nominated work in Magazine and Newspaper Design, Product Design, Spatial Design and Writing for Design is announced today, but entrants will have to wait until the Award Ceremony at Battersea Evolution on 22 May to find out whether they have been awarded a coveted Yellow Pencil.
So far at this year’s judging there are 48 In Books and 21 Nominated pieces of work. Nominated work in contention this year includes:
Magazine & Newspaper Design
• Flaneur by YUKIKO for Flaneur Magazine
• Rare Medium Issue 5 by Mash Design for MLA Australia, Rare Medium
• Rubbish Famzine by Kinetic Singapore for Holycrap.SG
• Series of Moscovskie Novosti Newspapers by Russian News and Information Agency RIA Novosti for Moscovskie Novosti Newspaper
• Series of Front Covers of Moscovskie Novosti Newspaper by Russian News and Information for Moscovskie Novosti Newspaper
• Fool's Day by Africa for Folha de S. Paulo Newspaper
• De Volkskrant Magazine 2013 Selection by De Volkskrant for De Volkskrant Magazine
• Metropoli, by Unidad Editorial for Unidad Editorial
• Bloomberg Businessweek 2013 Covers Series by Bloomberg Businessweek for Bloomberg Businessweek Magazine
• The Innovations Issue Cover by the NY Times Magazine for the NY Times
• The Innovations Issue: Who Made That? by the NY Times Magazine for the NY Times
• #writinghelps by Tribal DDB, for Reporter ohne Grenzen
• The Connective by Goodby Silverstein & Partners for Cisco
• Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide by Nest Labs for Nest Labs, Bould Design
• Mac Pro by Apple for Apple
• iPad Air by Apple for Apple
• iOS 7 by Apple for Apple
• Berlin-Hohenschönhausen Memorial by Jangled Nerves for Stiftung Hohenschönhausen
• Recalling 1993 by Droga5 for New Museum
Writing for Design
• Meeting of the Minds by WhybinTBWADAN for Minds for Minds
• Phubbing: A Word is Born by McCann Erickson Melbourne for Macquarie Dictionary
All 69 pieces will appear in the 52nd D&AD Annual, published by TASCHEN in September.
There are no quotas for awards at D&AD. Therefore the number of awarded entries fluctuates year to year. Some years no Black Pencils are awarded: the record currently stands at just six. Traditionally the toughest of the awards shows, the judging process is famously rigorous, with the juries only selecting work they believe is truly exceptional.
The full list of work that has been awarded In-Book and Nomination following judging is attached – and can also be found Here
D&AD CEO Tim Lindsay commented: “Entries to D&AD have gone up over 10% this year and from listening to our juries, it sounds like the standard is higher than ever.
“Particularly across our design categories, we’re delighted to see such a diverse and fascinating array of work come in from all corners of the globe – it’s certainly the most international awards we’ve ever seen.”view more - Awards and EventsD&AD, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:22:49 GMT