Cannes Lions has today announced the 2022 See It Be It finalists. Six female industry talents, from across the world, have been selected to take part in a unique development experience at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, taking place from June 20-24 2022.
See It Be It aims to support creative female talent from across the global industry and accelerate them into senior creative roles. Six finalists will join the 2020/2021 See It Be It cohort of 15 women in Cannes. They each receive an all-access Festival pass, travel to and from Cannes, and accommodation, courtesy of the Festival, and will attend an exclusive programme of events, workshops and mentoring with some of the most respected leaders in the industry today. To date, over 100 women have taken part in See It Be It, and many alumni have progressed into leadership positions, won Lions awards and become Cannes Lions jurors.
See It Be It Ambassador, Swati Bhattacharya, chief creative officer, FCB India, will guide the group through the programme alongside See It Be It Chair, Madonna Badger, CCO and founder of Badger & Winters.
This year’s programme theme is ‘I am enough’. Swati Bhattacharya commented: “Women navigate life among permanent contradictions. Women think they will only be seen as doers when they over do. We get lost in trying to arrive. In order to take our rightful place sooner rather than later, we need to accept that we are enough exactly the way we are. Enough to lead, enough to experiment, enough to thrive and enough to be.”
The six 2022 finalists are named as follows:
- Anastasia Simone, Hong Kong, Leo Burnett, Senior Art Director
- Sabine Stromsky, UK, Edelman UK, Senior Creative Art Director
- Soleil Badenhop, Philippines, GIGIL, Associate Creative Director
- Stephanie Cajucom, USA, McCann Worldgroup, VP Creative Director
- Sumita Maharaj, Australia, Re Agency, Design Director
- Teresa Verde Pinho, Brazil, AKQA São Paulo, Creative
The 15 women already selected to take part in See It Be It 2020/2021, who will join the six newly selected creatives for the 2022 cohort in Cannes, are as follows:
- Allie Steel, Australia, DDB, Senior Writer
- Andrea Auz, Ecuador, Paper, Creative Director
- Denise Tee, Philippines, Creative Consultant
- Ellen Fromm, Netherlands, AKQA Amsterdam, Senior Copywriter
- Geetanjali Jaiswal, India, McCann, Senior Creative Director
- Javiera Wuth, Chile, Pedro Juan y Diego, Senior Copywriter
- Karo Gómez, Mexico, Media.Monks, Social Media Strategist
- Lauren Ferreira, USA, TBWA\Media Arts Lab, Creative Director for Apple
- Letícia Rodrigues, Brazil, FCB Brazil, Associate Creative Director
- Mica Gallino, USA/Mexico, Nike, Brand Creative Director
- Nedal Ahmed, Japan, Wieden+Kennedy Tokyo, Senior Writer
- Rachel Chew, Singapore, Ogilvy, Associate Creative Director
- Rosa Guerrero, Dominican Republic, MoM Marketing of Minds, Creative Leader
- Roxana Nita, Romania, DDB Romania, Creative Director
- Tescia Deák, USA, TBWA\Chiat\Day, Creative Director
Susie Walker, VP awards and insights, LIONS, said: “See It Be It is a vital initiative in Cannes Lions’ response to the gender imbalance that exists within the global creative community. We’re delighted to welcome this hugely-talented cohort of 21 women to both the Festival and the SIBI network, which has become a global movement of women providing learning and support to their peers right across the world, ensuring the impact of the programme reaches far beyond the Festival week.”
See It Be It is open to women, trans-identifying and non-binary people and further details about the programme can be found here.
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity takes place from 20-24 June 2022, in Cannes, France and passes can be purchased here.view more - Awards and Events