Video analytics specialists Visible Measures have compiled the top 20 most viewed branded video campaigns of all time.
The videos are all measured by campaign - so some are a series of creatives under one campaign, like Old Spice's Responses. They measure all pieces of creative together, along with any derivative content (spoofs, mashups etc.) because they are released under one creative initiative.
1. Will It Blend? / Blendtec / In-House / Household Projects / 244,060,185 Views
2.Live Young / Evian / BETC Euro RSCG / Beverages / 231,643,006 Views
3. Kony 2012 / Invisible Children / Community & Activism / 228,604,290 Views
4. Stratos Red Bull / Beverages / 220,293,369 Views
5. Dumb Ways to Die / Melbourne Metro Trains / McCann (Melbourne) / Travel & Lodging / 182,274,374 Views
6. Angry Birds Space / Rovio Software / 160,021,673 Views
7. Rewind Youtube Stle 2012 / Youtube / Youtube Online Services / 150,974,229 Views
8. Real Beauty Sketches / Dove / Ogilvy & Mather (Brazil) / Health & Beauty / 139,623,258 Views
9. The Selfie Shootout / Turkish Airlines / CP+B (London) / Travel & Lodging / 137,655,708 Views
10. Angry Birds Star Wars / Rovio Software / 136,331,556 Views
11. Live Test / Volvo Trucks / Forsman & Bodenfors / Automotive / 128,312,283 Views
12. Legends on Board / Turkish Airlines / Alametifarika / Travel & Lodging / 113,229,745 Views
13. First Kiss / Wren / Krowd / Apparel & Accessories / 108,790,344 Views
14. 5-Hour ENERGY Helps Amazing People / 5 Hour ENERGY / Beverages / 106,519,740 Views
15. What Does 2013 Say? / Youtube / Portal A / Online Services / 105,922,696 Views
16. Chrome: For... / Google / 72andSunny (Los Angeles) / Online Services / 98,901,611 Views
17. Baby & Me / Evian / BETC (Paris) / Beverages / 92,788,575 Views
18. Gymkhana Two / DC Shoes / In-House / Apparel & Accessories / 89,608,672 Views
19. Responses / Old Spice / Wieden + Kennedy (Portland) / Health & Beauty / 88,538,351 Views
20. The Force / Volkswagen / Deutsch (Los Angeles) / Automotive / 83,560,518 Views
Visible Measures has used its True Reach methodology and patented video platform to analyse over 8.1 billion video views across the web during 2013. True Reach is the only accredited paid and earned video metric, combining the total viewership of videos related to a campaign throughout the online landscape. True Reach includes the original videos uploaded by the brand and the copies and derivative content uploaded by audiences. Unlike shares, which only show the number of clicks on “share” buttons and not actual performance, True Reach shows the complete performance of a video campaign online.
Visible Measures has tracked over 3 trillion video views, 500 million videos, 16,000 video campaigns since 2005, and sees over 380 million people cross its platform every month.
Content Editor of Visible Measures, Mallory Russell, says: "The increase in views that it takes to land on this list shows how much brands are not only accepting branded video as a part of their marketing toolbox, but really becoming experts in the kind of creative that engages an online audience. It shows just how willing viewers are to consumer branded video and how it has become a regular part of our pop culture lexicon."