BMG Production Music
Thu, 26 Sep 2019 09:57:49 GMT
BMG Production Music (BMGPM) has secured six of the top honours at annual The Mark Awards, the premier event recognising the achievements of the $1 billion dollar production music business, held September 24 at the Loews Hotel in Hollywood, CA.
Demonstrating its versatile excellence, BMGPM received 14 nominations across 10 categories overall, representing offerings from its owned and represented labels. BMGPM’s full catalogue includes around 500,000 internationally curated tracks spanning all genres.
This year’s Mark Award winning BMGPM entries are:
• Captain Marvel movie trailer track, ‘Luminous and Unstoppable’ by composer Aleksander Dimitrijevic. From the Immediate Music catalogue, it bagged Best Use of PM in Theatrical-Video Game Trailer with its epic piano build to drum and strings crescendo.
• Dramatic strings-laden piece ‘The Crowned Pawn’ from the X-Ray Dog catalogue and composer Inon Zur - named Best PM Film Trailer Track with its suspenseful, urgent, thrilling orchestral instrumental.
• Selectracks Song Catalog’s ‘Stand Up (Put Our Fists Up)’ by Josh Mobley, Moria Denson & Erskine Hawkins II. It took the Best Hip-Hop/R&B/Urban Track accolade with its slick and weighty old school hip-hop beats, featuring upright bass and male rap vocal.
• ‘Forensic Connections’ by Dan Brown Jr from CrimeSonics scored Best PM Investigative/ Crime Track - an eery, twinkling piece, drawing inspiration from the sterile, glassy, technological and sophisticated forensic science world with its mysterious and tense vibe.
• The Best PM Jazz Track was awarded for the smooth brass rumblings of Selectracks Craig Gildner composed number ‘All Over Town’ - a warm and expressive tune with a soothing male lead vocal, trumpet and horns creating a sweet snazzy mood.
• Christopher Miles Design won Best Cover Art for its quirky retro accompaniment to another Craig Gildner-composed album - Mambo Tonight showcases the charm of Latin American rhythms featuring live players and expert arrangements.
John Clifford, EVP and managing director (global) said: “These Mark Awards nominations and wins show just a part of the great depth and breadth of the BMGPM catalogue and shines a spotlight on some of the talented ‘hidden hitmakers’ we have in our ranks. Congratulations to our composers, producers and label partners from around the world. We are proud to work with you and to continue our journey of creative integrity and excellence as a leading provider in this brilliant industry.”
The Mark Awards are held as part of the annual Production Music Conference (PMC) in Los Angeles each year by the Production Music Association (PMA).
BMGPM is the fourth largest global player in the $1bn production music sector, and with offices in eight countries it is responsible for music in some of the world’s favourite entertainment and marketing media.
Since its worldwide launch in 2017, BMGPM has acquired AXS Production Music (France) Immediate Music (US), Big Bang & Fuzz (Australia), Deep East Music (UK), Telemusic (France) and launched custom music business ‘Altitude Custom’, bringing together BMGPM and BMG talent. This successful period of growth has also seen the worldwide relaunch of the BMGPM brand and the development of business with new clients including Ninja Tune and Red Bull.view more - Awards and EventsBMG Production Music, Thu, 26 Sep 2019 09:57:49 GMT