Advertising Council Australia
Wed, 22 Apr 2015 02:02:13 GMT
Recognising the most outstanding promotional and experiential marketing work across Australia and New Zealand, entries will be assessed by a panel of industry experts on strategic relevance, originality, creative execution and effectiveness.
Agencies are invited to submit entries until 6.00pm 29 May 2015. All member agencies of The Communications Council are eligible for the APMA discounted member rate for submissions.
Chairman of APMA, David Lo, said: “There is extra cause for celebration this year, as it marks a decade since the APMA Star Awards launched. Each year’s winners set the benchmark for excellence higher. They help drive innovation and creativity in the promotional and experiential space, and so it is important that these awards have continued to receive such great support from the industry.”
1. Best Integrated Communications Campaign (Under $1 Million)
2. Best Integrated Communications Campaign (Over $1 Million)
3. Best Sponsorship or Tie-in Campaign
4. Best Use of Digital in a Campaign
5. Best Shopper Marketing Campaign
6. Best Use of Social Marketing in a Campaign
7. Best Brand Building Campaign
8. Best Business–to-Business Campaign (Business trade or internal)
9. Best Retail Account Specific or Channel Specific Campaign
10. Best Event or Experiential Marketing Campaign
11. Best Activity Generating Brand Awareness and Trial
12. Best Activity Generating Brand Volume
13. Best Activity Generating Brand Loyalty
14. Most Innovative Idea/Concept
15. Best Use of Creative in a Promotional Campaign
16. Best Cause or Charity – Related Campaign
17. Best Small Budget Campaign (AUD $75,000 and Under)
The Grand Prix will be awarded to the overall best campaign as judged by the APMA Star Award Jury.
APMA member agencies can also nominate Account Service and/or Creative staff for the Young Achiever of the Year title. The winner will not only have their work and achievements recognised but will also be awarded an overseas trip, courtesy of sponsor Free 2 Travel.
The APMA Executive Committee will also award a Lifetime Achievement Award for outstanding service to an industry figurehead with an exceptional track record in promotional and experiential marketing.
For the second year running, those who achieve gold, silver or bronze in the highly competitive category, ‘Best Integrated Communications Campaign (Over $1 million)’ will be considered for an additional award, ‘Best Campaign Most Likely to Drive Behaviour’. This category is judged by the consumer, employing IMI’s Promotion Potential Study to ascertain which campaign idea demonstrates the greatest potential to impact behaviour, without considering brand or budgets.
Key dates for this year’s awards are:
Deadline for entry: 6.00pm 29 May 2015
Finalists announced: Early July
Gold, Silver and Bronze category winners and the overall Grand Prix winner will be announced at the Star Awards event to be held in the Pavilion, Darling Harbour on the Thursday 6th August 2015.
For more information on categories and how to enter, go to the APMA website.