Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:20:37 GMT
AKQA has won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise Innovation for its consistent contribution and outstanding achievement. The prestigious Queen’s Awards for Enterprise Innovation are the highest accolade that a UK business can receive.
Ajaz Ahmed, founder and CEO, said: “The AKQA journey is one that has and always will be defined by a continuous commitment to entrepreneurship. Whether it’s delivering entrepreneurial ideas or inspiring the next generation of entrepreneurs, our story is about giving our all to the present to help create a better future.” He added: “It’s tremendous recognition for our team to have its hard work and ingenuity recognised by winning the Queens Award for Enterprise Innovation. We are truly honoured and look forward to continuing to the adventure ahead, both in the UK and overseas, with energy and momentum.”
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise recognise significant achievement by businesses on recommendation from the Prime Minister. AKQA has been selected based upon continuous innovation for clients and outstanding business results. The Awards consist of a Grant of Appointment. HM The Queen will host a reception at Buckingham Palace in July 2014.
Recent examples of AKQA’s work include:
• Nike Training Club app: democratising personal training for everyone by providing friendly encouragement and motivation. Over 10 million downloads and 600,000 workouts every week, Nike Training Club has created a community of women who work out with the app every single day.
• Nike The Chance: a groundbreaking idea using social media to discover the world’s best, unsigned footballing talent. Two players discovered through Nike The Chance are now destined to represent their countries at this year’s FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
• AudiUSA.com: the world’s most advanced automotive digital platform introduces state-of-the-art technology and world-first innovations including: HD quality cinematic car configuration; responsive and adaptive design to deliver a stunning experience on all devices; a self-learning predictive personalisation engine to deliver a journey that’s relevant to each user.
• Fly Delta for Mobile: the easiest to use and feature rich mobile travel experience. Fly Delta provides all the services you need in the palm of your hand including the ability to find, compare and book flights; check-in with your eBoarding Pass; get flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications; view or change your seat; view expanded airport maps, public transportation details and weather information.
• World Wildlife Together app: creating interactive awareness about endangered species with a new generation of supporters. Sharing the intimate lives and fascinating stories of the world’s most amazing animals in a way that’s never been seen before. More than one million downloads in over 150 countries, people are now closer to WWF’s work and the animals they are helping to protect.