Winners in Fashion Design and Illustration were revealed on this first day of the week-long online ADC 99th Annual Awards, part of The One Club for Creativity and the world’s longest continually-running program celebrating excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of design and advertising.
Best of Discipline is Fashion Design went to Xiaotu Tang London for her own 'Containers' in Traditional - Accessories. In Illustration, the Best of Discipline was awarded to Impact BBDO Dubai with BBDO Pakistan Lahore and Samar Minallah Khan Islamabad for 'Truck Art Childfinder' on behalf of Berger Paints.
Winners in other disciplines will be announced each day this week, accompanied by daily Instagram Live conversations between ADC 99th jury members and the creatives behind the biggest winning works.
The complete list of Cube winners for the first day of the ADC 99th Annual Awards is as follows. Please go here to download a pdf of all Cube and Merit winners for the day.
Fashion Design (two Gold, three Silver, three Bronze and 12 Merit)
- Africa, São Paulo, 'Life Print' for Ampara ANIMAL in Sustainable/Eco-friendly Fashion
- Xiaotu Tang London for her own 'Containers' in Traditional - Accessories
- TAXI in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and New York 'Mental Fatigues' for Canadian Mental Health Association in Craft - Illustration
- The Martin Agency Richmond with Musictoday Crozet '83 Futures' for Donate Life America in Design for Good - Fashion Design
- Zulu Alpha Kilo Toronto “#UnravelHate” for Peace Collective in Design for Good - Fashion Design.
- Arteaga Brooklyn for its own 'Arteaga: Ethical + Sustainable + Exquisite' in Sustainable/Eco-friendly Fashion
- Jung von Matt Hamburg with 2WEI Music Hamburg 'The adidas Wendejacket ‘Breaking Walls’ “ for adidas in Promotional Apparel
- La Sonmai Hanoi for its own 'Traditional Lacquer Phone-case' in Traditional - Accessories
Illustration (six Gold, eight Silver, 14 Bronze and 53 Merit)
- Casa Rex São Paulo 'Muito Esquisito' for Pulo do Gato in Book - Series
- Edward Kinsella Illustration St. Louis 'Us Original Motion Picture Soundtrack' for Waxwork Records in Packaging - Series
- Goodby Silverstein & Partners with GS&P Social and Elevel, all in San Francisco 'Lessons in Herstory' for Daughters of the Evolution in Digital - Series
- Impact BBDO Dubai with BBDO Pakistan Lahore and Samar Minallah Khan Islamabad 'Truck Art Childfinder' for Berger Paints in Design for Good - Illustration - Series
- Kadir Nelson, Inc. Los Angeles 'Flight of the Clotilda' for National Geographic in Editorial - Front Page - Single
- Spotify USA, Inc. New York for its own 'All The Moods' in Animation - Single
- Elastic Santa Monica '‘Velvet Buzzsaw’ Main Title' for Neil Kellerhouse in Animation - Single
- Eugenia Mello Brooklyn 'Moving' for Victionary in Book - Series
- Gallegos United Los Angeles 'The Art of Storytelling' for Comcast in Promotional / Collateral - Series
- Goodby Silverstein & Partners San Francisco 'Creativity for All' for Adobe in Animation - Single
- Head Gear Animation Toronto 'Staffless Libraries' for Toronto Public Library Workers Union in Animation - Series
- Nicolas Ortega Brooklyn '‘Human Scum’ and Trump’s Tortured English' for The New York Times in Editorial - Spread - Single
- Spotify USA, Inc. New York for its own 'All The Moods' in Animation - Series
- Yidong Cai Shanghai for his own 'C-MOJI' in Personal / Unpublished - Series
- 360i New York 'Flavor Drop' for Truly Hard Seltzer in Packaging - Single
- Airbnb Magazine New York and San Francisco with Kadir Nelson, Inc. Los Angeles for its own 'Letter From Rome' in Editorial - Spread - Single
- Google Brand Studio with Animade and Jungle Studios, all in London 'Bauhaus Everywhere' for Google Arts and Culture in Animation - Series
- IC4DESIGN Hiroshima 'Kakuichi Yokocho' for Hiroshima Kakuichi Yokocho in Digital - Single
- Philipp und Keuntje Berlin with Carioca Studio Budapest 'Plastic Legacy' for Greenpeace in Design for Good - Illustration - Series
- Ran Zheng Jersey City 'What Parents Can Do About Gendered Toys' for NPR in Digital - Single
- RPA Santa Monica '#VaccinesWork' for Unicef Global in Design for Good - Illustration - Series
- Sally Deng Los Angeles 'Yusra Swims' for Creative Editions in Book - Single
- Square Pixel Rio de Janeiro with Saatchi & Saatchi Dubai 'Planet or Plastic?' for National Geographic in Design for Good - Illustration - Series
- Tatsuro Kiuchi Tokyo 'The Art Of Tatsuro Kiuchi' for Genkosha in Book - Series
- Te Hu San Francisco for his own 'Parade of Six-Armed Maṇi-Padme' in Personal / Unpublished - Single
- The Folio Society London with Francis Vallejo Detroit 'Anansi Boys' for The Folio Society in Book - Series
- The New York Times Magazine New York for its own 'Putting a Price on the End of the World' in Editorial - Front Page - Single
- Yuke Li New York for her own 'The Tiger In My Yard' in Book - Series
The ADC 99th Annual Awards is part of The One Club for Creativity, the world’s leading nonprofit organisation supporting and celebrating the global creative community.
The One Club awards shows each have their distinct focus. ADC Annual Awards juries maintain their long-running concentration as the champion for craft, design and innovation, while The One Show judges focus on creativity of ideas and quality of execution.
“For almost 100 years, ADC has been the leader in recognizing excellence in innovation, design and craft from around the world,” said Brian Collins, chief creative officer, COLLINS New York and One Club Board member. “As we all live through this challenging moment, I think it’s important to give our creative communities some good news, shine a bright light on the very best of what we do and encourage us all to look to the future.”
Creative Month 2020
This year’s ADC 99th Annual Awards comes during the third week of The One Club’s Creative Month 2020, an expansive streaming event running free of charge May 4th-29th featuring a wide range of original creative inspiration, education, gender equality, inclusion and diversity and professional development content specifically developed for a global online audience.
In place of annual in-person Creative Week programming in NYC, The One Club worked with more than 60 top global creative leaders to produce a month of entertaining and engaging original content designed to inform and inspire the global creative community. Sessions will stream at three set times each day and are viewable at any time later from the Creative Month archive.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organisation whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. The global ADC Annual Awards honors creative excellence in craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York every May, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of art and commerce.