Tue, 20 Feb 2018 21:16:13 GMT
Fuel brand 76 is unveiling a comprehensive new marketing campaign aimed at attracting a younger audience to the iconic brand.
Created in partnership with agency of record Carmichael Lynch, this social-centric campaign is led by a series of videos detailing the adventures (and misadventures) of a couple embarking on an unexpected road trip fuelled by 76.
“Here at 76, we’re on the driver’s side and have been for over 80 years. As the campaign launches, we are excited to live vicariously through Jean and Gene and bring their adventures to life for our consumers,” said Bree Januhowski, 76's brand director.
“Jean and Gene’s Awesome Adventure Road Trip” is led by a series of six videos that tell the story of Jean and Gene, an average, everyday couple that, after a late-night impulse buy online (a vintage blue van, mind you), turns their normal life into #VanLife and take off on a cross-country journey.
“#VanLife is a very real phenomenon playing out in social media — in culture — right now,” said Carmichael Lynch Group Creative Director Josh Leutz. “It’s inspiring to people – leaving the daily grind and committing to this life on the road. That’s the thing we’re tapping into with Gene and Jean.”
“We used accomplished improv actors and shot everything very docu-style to make it feel very raw and natural and not commercial-y,” continued Leutz. “The film instead looks like it might have come from an Instagram feed.”
These six 15- and 30-second videos by award-winning director Matt Lenski will air online and in broadcast in the Los Angeles and Seattle markets.
· “Internet Shopping” — Meet Jean and Gene, people who were just like us until a fateful night on the Internet started an adventure they would never forget. Because they are still on it.
· “Knolling” — When you take an epic road trip, you’re going to take a lot of pictures. Pictures that may take hours to capture.
· “Surfing” — The best part about van life is getting to explore and try new things, like surfing. Gene’s favourite part about surfing is when it’s over.
· “Tire” — Changing a tire is an art. And unfortunately, not everyone is good at art. Just ask Jean and Gene.
· “Valencia” — Choosing the right filter is as important as taking the right picture. And posting the right picture is the most important part of van life. You know, besides living in a van.
· “Van Life” — Vacation is temporary but van life is forever.
The campaign also includes digital, paid social, radio, and out-of-home elements as well as branded merchandise and swag, such as t-shirts, patches and sticker sets to be distributed in target markets. The spots are available to view on 76’s YouTube channel:view more - Creative
Categories: Aircraft, AutomotiveCarmichael Lynch, Tue, 20 Feb 2018 21:16:13 GMT