The Effie Awards United States competition, which awards effectiveness in marketing communications, has announced its 2020 Call for Entries. Effie introduced several new categories to the competition that reflect the ever-evolving marketing challenges across the industry.
Five new award categories were introduced for 2020:
• Brand Integration & Entertainment Partnerships – for brands that have effectively reached their audience via strategic integrations & entertainment partnerships;
• Direct to Consumer – for effective D2C efforts for any product or service across all marketplace segments.
• Marketing Innovation Solutions – for any action or business idea that has had an exceptionally positive impact on the market position of a brand, product or service. Single marketing activities and entire marketing programs are eligible.
• Marketing Disruptors – for efforts that grew a business/brand by changing the marketing model or category in ways that drive the industry forward;
• Topical Marketing – for brands that effectively leveraged immediate relevance, interest or importance via a targeted marketing / PR strategy around current events (e.g. Olympics, elections, economics, etc.)
The Shopper Marketing Effies has become the Commerce & Shopper Effies to broaden its focus to reflect the modern consumer journey. The Commerce & Shopper Effies has added Brand Experience, Data Drive and Media Innovation categories.
“We are grateful to our board of directors and judges who each year help evolve and create areas of focus for Effie. Our industry is constantly changing, and the learning Effie provides serves as a resource to make us all more successful,” said Traci Alford, president & CEO of Effie Worldwide. “We challenge brands and agencies to enter their most effective work into this year’s Effie competition for the validation of business success that only an Effie can bring.”
Work that ran in the United States between September 1st, 2018 and August 31st 2019 is eligible to enter. Entry deadlines run from October 15th – November 12th, 2019, with exceptions including entries into the Seasonal Marketing and Marketing Innovation Solutions categories.
Effie finalists and winners will receive points toward their ranking in the Effie Index, which globally ranks the most effective brands, marketers and agencies.
Competition updates and materials, including entry resources, are available here.