“Don’t let excuses get in the way” is this year’s theme for the HK4As Kam Fan Awards, which has received tremendous response and entries this year.
The HK4As (Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of Hong Kong) has been organizing Kam Fan Awards annually since 1984, to recognize and honor the best works in the market and is hailed as one of the largest Advertising awards ceremony in Asia. The theme this year “No Excuses” is created by the reigning Kam Fan Grand Winner DDB Group Hong Kong, to echo the relentless can-do spirit of Hong Kong.
Iris Lo, 2013 Kam Fan Awards Committee Chairman, gave an appraisal to the theme of this year’s Kam Fan awards: “We are living in a fast-paced society, it’s easy to make excuses under the pressure, but the cream will always rise to the top. We Hong Kong people never let anything get in the way of the greatness.” She thought that this kind of Hong Kong spirit can continuously push Hong Kong’s advertising industry into the international limelight.
This year, the Kam Fan Organizing Committee, is emphasizing a line-up of a panel of judges with diverse backgrounds with regional & digital experiences, as Maggie Choi, Jury Chairman of this year’s Kam Fan Awards (Media Section) raised. It is believed that, with the jury’s reputation and expertise in the industry worldwide and a profound understanding of the Asian culture & market, there will be bigger challenges for 2013 Kam Fan entries to meet both the international standards and local tastes.
The HK4As is proud to announce these renowned gurus on 2013 Kam Fan Awards panel:
For Creative & Digital Judges:
1. Michael Dee –Creative & Digital Jury Chairman, HK4As Kam Fan Awards
Chairman & Chief Creative Officer, The Gate Greater China
2. David Brown - Regional Executive Creative Director, R/GA Singapore
3. Lee Lee – Creative Director, DREAM’S MONSTER – Digital Creative Co.
4. Hyewon Kate Oh – Executive Creative Director/VP/Creative Group, Cheil Worldwide
5. Michael Simons - Executive Creative Director, Wieden + Kennedy, Shanghai
6. KC Tsang – Asst Professor, School of Design, HK Polytechnic University
7. Yuka Tsukada – Creative Director, Dentsu Inc. Tokyo Japan
For Media Judges:
1. Maggie Choi –Media Jury Chairman, HK4As Kam Fan Awards
& Advertising Veteran
2. Julien Devaureix - Head of Media & Digital Marketing Asia Pacific, Burberry Asia Ltd.
3. Jim Goh - Founder/CEO, briq
4. Raymond Ho – Chairman, The Hong Kong Advertisers Association
5. Alice Lam – Founder, The Planner
6. Mike Wong – Advisor & Part-time Lecturer, Master of Social Science program in Advertising, The Chinese University of HK
7. Ivy Wong – Founder & CEO, VISS ME Co & Ltd
Judging for 2013 Kam Fan Awards will commence in October and the winners will be unveiled at the awards presentation on 30 November (Saturday) at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center. For more details, please refer to HK4As’ website: www.aaaa.com.hk